• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Say there is a ban after the election?

After the horrible boating accident where I lost everything, all I have is a Red Ryder. Thinking about painting it all black to help spray from the hip.

I know this has probably been covered before but here goes.

After the election there is a ban put in place. No assault rifles (rolls eyes) no mags over 10 rds. No ammo sales. Or whatever HER plans are.

What do you do with all the stuff you hoarded? Can you sale it?

This is a legitimate question. I am not trying to start a riot lol.
"What guns or ammo?"

I agree with you. And I'll point out once again that if you want to see how mass gun confiscation works just type " Australiana Home Built Firearms" in Google Images. You will get 3 to 4 pages of results. From crude pipe guns to some nicely executed builds. And if ALL guns are suddenly illegal then why bother building semi auto stuff? Probably the easiest garage built guns are open bolt SMGs.
I.E. WW II Sten guns !

The term "ban" can mean a lot of different things.

If it's like the last one and all they do is stop manufacturing and import, the best thing to do is simply ride it out and wait for the next conservative legislation that repeals it.

If it means that not only can they not be made or imported, but also stops all sales, it's going to be more difficult to wait for a change, but that would still be the best way to approach it.

However, if it means confiscation, there's going to be a problem. Confiscation would be the end of the Second Amendment and it would be permanent. The 2A is the right that ultimately protects all the others, so we would see a domino affect that can not be allowed.

I don't think a second American Revolution is a good idea at all simply because the chance it would turn out the way many of you think it would is slim and none. With that said, the government showing up at my doorstep to confiscate my firearms will not turn out the way they want it to, either. That is a line they must not be allowed to cross without open resistance.

Back
Top Bottom