• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Scam or legit?

Speaking of vultures, we bought a new house last September and the first month we were bombarded by vultures sending out mailers trying to make it look like they were our lender, but they had no affiliation, they wanted to sell some mortgage insurance crap. After a month we stopped getting so many but I just got another one earlier this week, same crap. Who sells the information or publishes the information for these vultures to use to spam you?

Homes purchased are also notified in local news paper and available VIA public records and clerks office. A lot of those companies get the information VIA clerks office.

My experience with them is they search property records for land and try to get you to sell to them. They give you almost whatever you ask for and sign a contract that they (not you) can get out of with simply notifying you within a certain number of days before closing (which is usually months down the road). The contract also gives them exclusive marketing rights to sell the property.

So they then try to sell higher than your price to make a profit. Then they get out of the contract if they find no buyers. It’s not a scam per se, but it’s basically a real estate listing that you are locked into and they eventually back out of.

I own a second house in Athens. My youngest lives there. I gets calls, texts and mail from them wanting to buy. Even after you tell them not for sale it continues. I just ignore now.

My experience with them is they search property records for land and try to get you to sell to them. They give you almost whatever you ask for and sign a contract that they (not you) can get out of with simply notifying you within a certain number of days before closing (which is usually months down the road). The contract also gives them exclusive marketing rights to sell the property.

So they then try to sell higher than your price to make a profit. Then they get out of the contract if they find no buyers. It’s not a scam per se, but it’s basically a real estate listing that you are locked into and they eventually back out of.
Thats basically wholesaling..... or as we would say on ODT holesailing

Back
Top Bottom