• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Scam or legit?

Goosebuster

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Roll Tide Roll
19   0
Reaction score
I keep getting text asking me to sell a property I have never even heard of. I finally replied to them today, im kind of hoping they accept my offer. But are these text legit people trying to buy a property they think I own or is it some new scam? Feel free to text or call that number and see if they want to buy your property too, I will keep everyone updated on my sail.

Attachments

• IMG_61F598A53CDE-1.jpg
    IMG_61F598A53CDE-1.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 80
I keep getting text asking me to sell a property I have never even heard of. I finally replied to them today, im kind of hoping they accept my offer. But are these text legit people trying to buy a property they think I own or is it some new scam? Feel free to text or call that number and see if they want to buy your property too, I will keep everyone updated on my sail.
These are pop up late-night TV 'real estate wannabe moguls' who are working the steps. Usually just idiots who think they can buy cheap and sell high. I got a mailer today with the same crap. I looked at the Google map of where the return address was and it was some junk house in a run down part of town that had some sign that said basically the same thing in the offer. The level of sophistication and their knowledge about your property may vary, but the end result is the same. They don't do it for fun.

When my father-in-law passed in Dec., the vultures started sending out want to buy his property two weeks after the death. Still getting them weekly.
Speaking of vultures, we bought a new house last September and the first month we were bombarded by vultures sending out mailers trying to make it look like they were our lender, but they had no affiliation, they wanted to sell some mortgage insurance crap. After a month we stopped getting so many but I just got another one earlier this week, same crap. Who sells the information or publishes the information for these vultures to use to spam you?

Speaking of vultures, we bought a new house last September and the first month we were bombarded by vultures sending out mailers trying to make it look like they were our lender, but they had no affiliation, they wanted to sell some mortgage insurance crap. After a month we stopped getting so many but I just got another one earlier this week, same crap. Who sells the information or publishes the information for these vultures to use to spam you?
people get the info from death notifications via obituaries. Easy to look up a name, cross reference county tax records and find out addresses and or property taxes paid. That way the know the deceased owned property. Also court records when will is in probate.

Back
Top Bottom