• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sellers Obligation

titan2k10

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
33   0
Reaction score
With all of the "I'll take it" threads what about a buyer offering seller full asking price only for the seller to back out. Isn't posting with an asking price simply the same thing as "I'll take it" but "I will sell at this price" ? Should someone who reneges on a posted price be susceptible to negative feedback the same as someone who says "I'll take it" is?

Not unless time, price, and delivery have all been agreed upon. I simple "I'll take it" usually posted in the thread is not this. Someone could've pm'd first. Or seller might have had second thoughts.

It's their stuff so they can back out - I won't deal with them again if they do. It's that integrity thing, inconvenient for some folks...

So is a buyers money. If they back out after saying Ill take it why are they treated differently?

If I ran the world anyone that didn't honor their word would be exiled to a third world country - but I don't. I'm an old guy with old guy values, your word is your word - period but that's inconvenient for many "modern" folks. I have made a lot of deals here, on the old GON, and GGT before it was acquired by ODT. Anyone that has dealt with me will attest to the fact that my word is just that - my word. I wish everyone held themselves to the same standard but sadly they don't...

Last edited:
if i ran the world anyone that didn't honor their word would be exiled to a third world country - but i don't. I'm an old guy with old guy values, your word is your word - period but that's inconvenient for many "modern" folks. I have made a lot of deals here, on the old gon, and ggt before it was acquired by odt. Anyone that has dealt with me will attest to the fact that my word is just that - my word. I wish everyone held themselves to the same standard but sadly they don't...

who would our politicians be then?

I try to confirm each transaction with the statement "DEAL".... That is indicating, a time, place and price (whether $$ or trade item) are all agreed on..... after this...then I feel the buyer and seller are both obligated to show up/meet.... now if the item is not as thought.... the deal can be cancelled... or price can be negotiated.... IMHO

So someone going around spamming "I'll take it" without confirming a time and place will not be subject to punishment erm neg feedback?.

This is unfortunately correct. It's a flaw in the machine that you must accept and be wary of when dealing with the "new" ODT crowd.

By "new" I mean the idiots with the thought process where they confuse the ODT with CL and eBay.

Back
Top Bottom