• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sellers Obligation

So someone going around spamming "I'll take it" without confirming a time and place will not be subject to punishment erm neg feedback?.

for what, folks being a douche on the internet? people say anything they want and i would not take any stock in merely "ill take it"

if anything it would be your fault for interpreting an "ill take it" posted as a finalized deal without hashing a time, place, price, if a BOS is going to be done, and swapping of phone numbers through PMs

i do that everytime and never had an issue. in fact after i post an ad i rarely go back and look at it, i wait for PMs to come through first and will only close a thread once the 5 things i mentioned were set down in writing

so you need

-time
-place
-price
-contact info
-is a bill of sale being done or not

Commercial contract law (basic version):

1) An ad is simply the seller letting the world know he/she has something to sell at a certain price - it is not an offer and is not binding.

2) When you say "I'll take it" for a certain price - that is an offer to purchase from the seller.

3) When the seller says "Okay, I'll sell it to you, at this price, meet me at this location and time" - that is an acceptance.

Without 3, there is no deal. General etiquette would be for the seller to honor the first "I'll take it", but he does not have to.

an "i'll take it " is simply an offer by a buyer, it is not binding on the seller. Seller can sell to who they want to, when they want to for how much they want to.

Until a deal is agreed upon by both in ODT pms, there is no binding deal.

Seems like the buyer gets the short end of the stick. Had a friend make an offer for asking price only for guy to say no thanks. WTF is that?

he could have already made a deal or was on the other side of the state.

there have been a few sellers doing "bait and switch" but as soon as that happens i would throw them on ignore list or call them on their bull****

he could have already made a deal or was on the other side of the state.

there have been a few sellers doing "bait and switch" but as soon as that happens i would throw them on ignore list or call them on their bull****

Thats what I told him. I guess we were just curious if this is a negative feedback kind of deal since we look at it as the "Ill take it" situation from the seller as in an "Ill sell it". Who know someone who wanted to sell something would be so picky when offered what they were asking for....

Thats what I told him. I guess we were just curious if this is a negative feedback kind of deal since we look at it as the "Ill take it" situation from the seller as in an "Ill sell it". Who know someone who wanted to sell something would be so picky when offered what they were asking for....
lol some folks are just mentally absent

Back
Top Bottom