• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sellers Obligation

Thats what I told him. I guess we were just curious if this is a negative feedback kind of deal since we look at it as the "Ill take it" situation from the seller as in an "Ill sell it". Who know someone who wanted to sell something would be so picky when offered what they were asking for....

Happened to me twice this week. I made offers at the seller's asking price within minutes the ads were posted. Never heard from the first guy and second guy pm'd late in the day and told me it was sold. That's life, win some lose some. Don't worry about it and enjoy the site!

i'll take it means nothing unless they agree to sell to you. if i get an i'll take from someone i don't care to deal with or has neg feedback, then i move to the next buyer.

With all of the "I'll take it" threads what about a buyer offering seller full asking price only for the seller to back out. Isn't posting with an asking price simply the same thing as "I'll take it" but "I will sell at this price" ? Should someone who reneges on a posted price be susceptible to negative feedback the same as someone who says "I'll take it" is?
If they say "ill take it" and its not where im willing to travel there is no deal. If they say it and its for a time i wouldnt want to meet its no deal.

The flexibility is one thing I like about ODT. I've been on other sites where I'll take it was considered a contact but then on both sides there could be new info or issues arise. I don't consider it "feedback liable" until there is communication of I'll take it at this place and this time for this agreed amount.

I've had 3 different "I'll Take It" means nothing. All three were non responding for 24 hours. A fourth came along and followed through. Then number 1 & 2 got all butt hurt because I sold to the 4th person. Accused me of selling at a higher price which was untrue. Needless to say #1 & 2 are on my ignore list.

If I ran the world anyone that didn't honor their word would be exiled to a third world country - but I don't. I'm an old guy with old guy values, your word is your word - period but that's inconvenient for many "modern" folks. I have made a lot of deals here, on the old GON, and GGT before it was acquired by ODT. Anyone that has dealt with me will attest to the fact that my word is just that - my word. I wish everyone held themselves to the same standard but sadly they don't...

I feel the exact same. Your word is your word.

Back
Top Bottom