• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sellers Obligation

If I ran the world anyone that didn't honor their word would be exiled to a third world country - but I don't. I'm an old guy with old guy values, your word is your word - period but that's inconvenient for many "modern" folks. I have made a lot of deals here, on the old GON, and GGT before it was acquired by ODT. Anyone that has dealt with me will attest to the fact that my word is just that - my word. I wish everyone held themselves to the same standard but sadly they don't...

A mans word is all he truly has to offer. To both his fellow man and God. Without it, you dont have much.

"You shall be careful to perform what goes out from your lips, just as you have voluntarily vowed to the LORD your God, what you have promised. Deuteronomy 23:23

Had an interesting interaction today. I had been looking for a certain item when I posted a wanted ad. Had someone come along and say they had one. After three PM's from me. (I guess I should have realized something was up by the second one) I get a "I decided to not sell it" reply. I guess it's their right to change their mind. But why even make a post in someone else's thread if you weren't even inclined to sell in the first place?

Had an interesting interaction today. I had been looking for a certain item when I posted a wanted ad. Had someone come along and say they had one. After three PM's from me. (I guess I should have realized something was up by the second one) I get a "I decided to not sell it" reply. I guess it's their right to change their mind. But why even make a post in someone else's thread if you weren't even inclined to sell in the first place?

Just to let you know they have it and you don't.......like kids with toys...

Back
Top Bottom