• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

shooting to far away with a handgun

I all ways hit what I am aiming at. It may not all ways be what I wanted to hit.
20180215_131517.png

Say you are hiking out in the desert and had a pistol with an RMR and some dude with a rifle engaged you from a distance of 100 yds. You have cover but not a lot. Do you wait for him to get real close or you are confident you can pop him at 100yds, do you try it. You have several full mags. Maybe when he gets to 75 yds you know you can make the shot, or do you wait till he gets right up on you to engage?

There are many reasons to be able to make hits at 100yds. Like others have said, for the challenge or just plain fun too.
I think you would get John Wick'd before you had a sight picture. I know if I were a rifleman with 100yds on a feller with a sidearm I wouldn't be insanely concerned with return fire.

When shooting a 3 gun and if your rifle coughs up a hairball and pukes, you can go to your handgun to finish the course and if you are at the 100 yard rifle portion, its use the Pistol, or get a DNF on the score, and I, (not bragging) have had it happen several times and actually hit steel 8"plates pretty easily at 100 yards witch a G34 or 35, or XD 5" 9mm or 45, always carried plenty of pistol mags in case it became necessary. Never know when a BCG (not staked properly, etc.), may choke up or gas system go awry, so practicing at 100 is good never know when you might have to make a shot at that range.

Back
Top Bottom