SHTF Now where do I get my medicine?

DixieDoug

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
75   1
Reaction score
I take blood pressure and chloresterol pills everyday. If the drug stores close what do I do? Anyone else take daily medicine and what are you going to do? I should find out what is in the pills maybe and see if there is something else I can take.

I've thought about it myself, I take several different heart medicines. I'd be ok for a couple of months but after that I guess I'd be a goner.

Blood pressure, cholesterol and diabetes(my problem) are mostly caused by diets rich in processed and fatty foods. SHTF will actually be HEALTHY in that our diets will all suddenly go "natural" in a hurry. Enforced reduction in caloric intake and increased percentage of fresh caught/grown foods will be a good thing. LOL!

If you rely on daily medication for blood pressure, diabetes, you're probably going to die relatively soon after your meds run out. That's just the reality of it.

I take blood pressure and chloresterol pills everyday. If the drug stores close what do I do? Anyone else take daily medicine and what are you going to do? I should find out what is in the pills maybe and see if there is something else I can take.

Check with your Doc, some will write you scripts to stock up on some items (especially if you are planning a vacation, etc).

Check with your Doc, some will write you scripts to stock up on some items (especially if you are planning a vacation, etc).

But your insurance won't let you fill more than a month ahead. I went to fill my Janumet(diabetes) and was told I had to wait a week because the insurance company wouldn't let me refill until a set number of days before the 30 days would be up.

WFL014.jpg
Stock up...

Back
Top Bottom