• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SNOW!

Cheeky you have never driven in the Mountains up here in a good snow! I will pm you when it gets good..You drive up with the intent to stay over, bride and I will come and get you on the bottom of My mountain...Take up up to the house, light the fireplace, makes some Hot totties and roast some marsh mellows! That time of the year is magical with the snow and Creek flowing..

Dammit. I wish my wife would let me have sleepovers with the opposite sex!

Suches got its share late last night. My son, his girlfriend and her son had come up to spend weekend at our cabin. She had to be to work this morning and planned to drive home to Cumming early this morning. However, last night everyone started getting nervous that roads may be bad and they would be stuck up here and not able to get to work. So, we checked weather channel and radar and hourly forecasts. It showed nothing but rain between here and their house and temp was above freezing so they decided to head home at 10:00pm. They called me half an hour later 14 miles from here and were afraid to go further or come back. 3” of snow and sleet on road and were sliding around... still nothing but rain at our cabin. I jumped in my truck and went to get the three of them. Left their van in a parking lot and thankfully got back no problem. This morning my son and I went back for her van, and the snow plows had already cleared road. Passed one plow on the way. There were several cars on the hill up to Woodys Gap which had been abandoned stuck in the middle of the road overnight (and plowed around this morning). I checked and there were no remnants on the side of roads along Old Dial, Newport, Doublehead, Roy or off toward Dawsonville that route. If we had stuck to the original plan and they had left this morning we would have avoided the whole fiasco.

carver carver has a cabin over near Dial off 60..

d

My buddy lost about half of his roof in Hurricane Michael, Panama City . The living room is about half dry, 2 bedrooms are wet, 2 are dry.

Its an absolute mess down here.

The big chain stores are open, everything else is closed.

Sorry too hear that, I have family in Cali who’s houses are gone,think I would rather start over that patch and match

D273E231-C250-4FBD-811C-B457BBB4F950.jpeg

This is what I was looking at today.

About 10 miles north of me, on the top of Burnt mountain, got hammered today. Lots of snow and ice. Bunch of folks without power and they’re talking an additional 1-2” tonight.

Back
Top Bottom