• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SNOWMAGGEDON - It’s Been 10 Years! WOW!

OttoMan

Wolf Icon Lifetime Supporter
Do unto others what you want them to do to you!
421   0
Reaction score
I wasn’t in Atlanta area at that day. I was OTR Truck Driver and was far away from home.
6E7DD497-F01F-4681-A4C3-53CBDBC85789.jpeg

Babies born on 285? Wrong question, Kaitlyn. The question is how many babies MADE on 285 that day? Gotta stay warm somehow.
I really didn’t know babies were born on the road side.

Both of my stepsons were stranded somewhere in Atlanta on I-75… till next day morning.

I really didn’t know babies were born on the road side.

Both of my stepsons were stranded somewhere in Atlanta on I-75… till next day morning.
I'm originally from out west....I would have found a way. Hell, we used to drive in a blizzard just to get to an empty lot to do proper doughnuts and drift.

I used to drive to work in snowstorms in my rear wheel drive fox body.

But I get it, Georgia is not prepared for this or any snow like cities that commonly get snow. It was wild to me when we moved here that everything shuts down at the mention of snow. Would have to be 3 feet of snow when I was a kid before they cancelled school.

I'm originally from out west....I would have found a way. Hell, we used to drive in a blizzard just to get to an empty lot to do proper doughnuts and drift.

I used to drive to work in snowstorms in my rear wheel drive fox body.

But I get it, Georgia is not prepared for this or any snow like cities that commonly get snow. It was wild to me when we moved here that everything shuts down at the mention of snow. Would have to be 3 feet of snow when I was a kid before they cancelled school.
I think that day wasn’t just snow; after snowing it rained a little bit and all roads got frozen. Georgia didn’t have any truck or other equipment prepared for snow/ice. After that day, the government bought a bunch of stuff. It won’t happen again, I believe.

I think that day wasn’t just snow; after snowing it rained a little bit and all roads got frozen. Georgia didn’t have any truck or other equipment prepared for snow/ice. After that day, the government bought a bunch of stuff. It won’t happen again, I believe.
Yeah that's the one thing about the south. If it snows or rains and then freezes it's bad news. Called it black ice out west. Although because of all the woke cry babies, the probably call it ice of color now. 😂

funny how all want to say "it's the south"...well I ask you, do you have license to drive on ice!! the answer is no, and I don't give a fat rats Colin where your from....Ice, is Ice wherever it is!!
What's important to understand, is where you were, and where you needed to be....I was out there, I saw what was coming, and got the hell home...the problem, is that folks can look at something, and not react....I spent the night quite comfortable

I've been in the area most of my life. If I needed to go somewhere I always did. The last 36yrs I lived down in a hole. I've done two 360s in my driveway in a F250 4x4 backing down the driveway to get to the road. Since I've retired I just stay home, I don't have to go anywhere that bad. Where I live now, the topo is a lot better. I remember the ice storm of 73. We didn't have power for 10 days. My wife, then a girl living at home had just moved into their forever home. They lost @ 150 pines on a 1.7 ac lot. I know back in the day and probably still now, after a winter storm the car dealers sell out of 4x4 vehicles

Back
Top Bottom