• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So, how do you carry big boy?

LCP in the front pocket and a glock 29 in the ccw compartment of my edc maxpedition jumbo versipack. I've been a stay at home dad for 10yrs now and my manly diaper/possible bag has become part of my everyday attire. Some call it a "man purse" i don't care its got everything i need for almost every situation in it and with 3 little ones its saved the day more than once. When its hunting season my g40 mos, lunch, phone, game calls, extra ammo etc...fits great in it too.

chest rig 1st choice but only when hunting,camping,hiking etc. I find this by far the most comfortable for me.
Drop leg 2nd choice but usually only only outdoor activities as well.
Front pocket 3rd Choice. This is most of the time but only smaller pistols ,,ie shield or similar
OWB with shirt over 4th if I need/want a full size pistol or maybe too small pocket for pocket carry
Backpack/man bag if nothing else. I found small of back uncomfortable when sitting too long or getting up and down a lot.

Cook's Holster kydex IWB with a Glock 26 or 43 at 3:30 to 4:00. Shirt over it for casual. Change to a tuckable version if I need to go where shirt needs to be tucked and I need to cover. With a suit, Glock 43 with a leather pocket holster that covers the trigger dropped into front pocket works just fine. Always have 2 spare mags in off side pocket no matter where gun is.

I’ve found that several ways can be comfortable to carry but the problem is in transitions between standing or sitting. Pocket carry or OWB (and just not caring if someone notices the bulge) are about the only ways I can go if I’m getting in and out of the truck, going to restraurants, movies, etc.

Back
Top Bottom