• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

So up to 6'2" 340 now. Ordered the Nutrisystem 7 day a week plan (Didn't work. I couldn't stick to it.)

I gained 20 when I retired. I was 198, no bounce between 216. Never had issues with weight.

now the shape of said weight has altered drastically

The Gunny says move your azz, Pyle!!!
IMG_2305.jpeg
IMG_2304.jpeg
IMG_2306.jpeg

Your azz looks like 150lbs of chewed Bubble Gum!!!

J/K - you can do it. We are here to support you.

I retire last August. When I worked I stopped at McDonald's every morning. 2 sandwiches and a coke zero. Lived on coke zero for years. When I retired I stopped drinking sodas and no McDonald's. Started eating oatmeal every day and limited my lunch and dinner to one portion.
I have dropped 30 lbs and counting.
Stay busy and limit yourself to one portion per meal.

My wife lost 80lbs on weight watchers 8 years ago and kept it off. WW teaches you how to eat. They have weekly meetings with mutual support. No extra meal costs. You just eat what you usually do. But with teaching on how to eat. But good luck. Best diet I tried was Covid two years ago. Lost 25lbs and have kept it off.

Good luck with it brother! Been working on my situation too since I got diagnosed with type II diabetes. Started out at 403 lbs., sugar was 418, A1C was 9.9. That was at the end of February. Got my follow up labs done last week, sugar was 105, A1C was 5.7. Down to 340 as of this morning, 63 lbs gone. Gonna get below 300 lbs. before I pump the brakes. Sure do feel the difference, hang in there guys, it can be done!

I have been a diabetic for 30 years, and struggling with weight. The Atkins was my go-to for loosing weight.

About a year and a half ago I was dealing with the FAA and trying to get a 3rd class medical to fly. They rejected my doctors combination of diabetes drugs that included jardiance and insulin. I doubled the jardiance, cut out ALL CARBS. I've got my diabetes under control and also lost 50 pounds doing so.

Good on you man!

Working out isn’t bad. I enjoy it myself. The only bad part is dreading it, and once I get started I realize how ridiculous it is to dread it. Makes no sense.

I’ve lost 10 pounds over the past few weeks. I need to drop 15-20 more, and I will.

I’m lifting 6 days a week and doing cardio. It feels good. I am keeping up with my 9 year old a whole lot better.

The South Beach diet is the easiest and best for me. I’m never hungry and eat good food.

It’s all a decision. You got this!

Back
Top Bottom