• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So what is the best magnification for a "Scout Rifle"?

Agreed, I just assumed he was going to follow the often suggested price point of what is spent on the rifle, especially if he's willing to drop the money on a custom forward mounting system.
Kinda my point. No need to recommend 100 buck crossfire that will likely break at some point if he has the funds and wants to spend said funds on a halfway decent or better optic.

Yeah I should've mentioned how much I want to spend. I want to keep it less than $250. So a variable power is good? I read that a fixed power will allow you to "Know" for the lack of a better word, what your sight picture will be in various lighting and distance situations. It was an interesting take on why the author of what I read felt that fixed power scopes were ideal over variable power scopes.

Redfield Revolution 2x7x32. American made in Oregon. Eye relief is somewhere between 3" -4", and glass is crystal clear with good low light capability. Simple crosshairs, my personal favorite on this type of rifle. I have one that I use on my AR's and I love it. Different type of gun, but same caliber used for all the same uses. Cost is a little under $200. I've used many different scopes in this price range and the Revolution has been the best I've tried, including the Leupold. Oddly, Redfield is owned by Leupold. I can't say enough good things about the Redfield.

Back
Top Bottom