• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Someone help me w/ 6.0 diesel...

A guy I know was driving a hopped up bullet proofed 6.0 recently. I saw that piece of **** on the side of the road and then I saw him drivin an old busted f150 with a drive out tag on it. lol

If you're not going to take it to someone with the right diagnostic tools I would try a bottle of ar9100 with a fresh oil change. One of my trucks runs rough when cold if I don't use it. The long crank could be a number of things but it sounds like it's not building injection pressure quickly enough.
I sometimes appreciate the guys who bash the 6.0 as it is the prices low for some really nice trucks that can be reliable with a little bit of proper work.

Borrow a scan gauge and run a test. I have he same engine and had a similar problem...ended up being a FICM. Had to have it repaired but I would have never known the issue without the scan gauge. I have mine programmed for my truck which is a 2003 f350 with the 6.0. I would be willing to meet you to let you borrow it and then you can mail it back to me.
I'm in acworth....text me I'm up 404-925-4694

Sounds normal for a cold start powerstroke that wasn't plugged into the block heater. I have a 7.3 and if it's not plugged in it will chugg and lope for a while when cold started with temps in the 20's or below, although I am in Michigan now and that is daily. My old 7.3 would cycle the same way when warming up too.

Back
Top Bottom