• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

(SSK-50) Don't You Love It When FedEx & UPS Both Show Up

tred1956

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
58   0
Reaction score
Fedex arrived around lunch today. Had my 6mm BullBerry IMP Barrel, with an APA Gen 3 Little Ba$tard brake attached (thanks to Troy at BullBerry). A quick look at the computer informed me that UPS had just visited my FFL. Two SSK-50 Faltside frames were in my hands about an hour later. My next stop was my loading shop workbench, where I took the first SSK-50 Frame apart. Twenty minutes later a polished smooth trigger was finished. Lock up was crisp and solid. Frame opened easily. Next scope and grip set a were installed. Hopefully range time soon.
It has been a GOOD Day
Doug

Just shot about 40 (6mm BB IMP) shots fireforming brass. Didn't get the rest out just wanted to see how brake and frame worked together. Was shooting off block of wood with folded towel. Easily stayed under 1.5 inches at 100 yards. Brake virtually eliminated recoil. Frame locked up smooth and solid. Had that click you love to hear/feel on lockup. Opened very easy and functioned flawless. It will NOT be my only SSK-50. I loved both new SSK-50 Frame and My APA Little Ba$tard Brake. My 6.5mm BullBerry IMP barrel will soon be headed to Troy at BB Legacy. Super nice Guy and does Top Notch Work. I could not be more Satisfied. Will get some target picture soon.
Safe shooting
Doug

Top two are 6mm BB IMP Bottom two are 6.5 MM BB IMP. 6.5 BB IMP is probably going to Troy at Bullberry to be threaded Next.

A little range time. 6mm BullBerry Improved Top target fireforming 55 grain 2650 FPS 100 yards. Bottom two 70 grain 2700 FPS also 100 yards. Has potential.
Safe shooting
Doug

Back
Top Bottom