• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SUV opinions wanted

OP, in your price range, a Toyota/Honda suv will be older with high mileage. Why not another Tahoe?

Wife wants a smaller vehicle and she is the primary driver of this one. Happy wife, happy life.

I typically buy cars with 100k miles. I try to find one owner old person driven stuff. I usually shop for several months. Once I figure out which SUV we want I don't care if it takes six months to find a deal. What we have is solid.

Wife wants a smaller vehicle and she is the primary driver of this one. Happy wife, happy life.

I typically buy cars with 100k miles. I try to find one owner old person driven stuff. I usually shop for several months. Once I figure out which SUV we want I don't care if it takes six months to find a deal. What we have is solid.

I think the Toyota Highlanders have 3rd row seats. The older acura MDX also has the 3rd row. Honda Pilots too. I'm still not too keen on American cars, but if I had to, it would be a Ford or Chevy and nothing else. Mazdas have gotten better supposedly but they are owned by Ford and share many of the same parts. Not sure if thats good or bad. 1-2 owner cars are definitely the way to go.

You get a lemon? Nissans are generally solid.
Expensive maintenance $200 to update Nav, $800 for a bent wheel that was not due to an accident
Cramped interior, adults struggle in back seat
Small cargo area
Uncomfortable seats
Resale sucks
Interior is noisy at highway speeds
Our 03 Explorer had 300k when we sold it and still see it bebopping around town.
I'll take an Explorer or Tahoe over a Jap turd any day

Back
Top Bottom