• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The mystifying Oracle

When I was 16, my buddies and I tried using a Ouija board. Nothing happened. Then we went out to my car to go to McDonald's and I looked at my car's odometer: 66,666 miles on it! I turned on the radio, and guess what- Runnin' With the Devil by Van Halen was playing on the radio. Spooooooky!!!

Was messing with it with some buddies when I was 13. Joking around, we asked who was going to die first. It (or us?) spelled out Betty. That was my mom's name. She was diagnosed with cancer a few months later. She passed away 6 months after that right after I turned 14. Don't know if it was coincidence or stupid luck. Had a lot of guilt over that for a long time. Never touched one again after that. Hate those freaking things. True story.

Haven't messed with one since my youth, always assumed it was one of the others making it move. I wouldn't know whether to be fascinated or freaked out if one moved on its own. My wife won't let me buy one because she says they're evil and she's not taking any chances.

Back
Top Bottom