• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trouble putting a hand guard on a MAK

Triathloncoach

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
201   0
Reaction score
Why can't I get this ^*#%~ keeper/lever to flip back in place. It was a bith getting off too. I'm trying to put on Ironwood furniture.

I'm going to put some gun oil on there but it seems more stuck that just that.

Thanks

Frank the Dunderhead.

Ps Oil did not help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 46
Be careful! You can break the lever. Try it with no wood. Find the sweet spot. Sometimes it needs to be turned around the barrel as well as to and from the barrel end.

I remember it being a bit hard also, long time ago but I think I was turning it wrong. Listen to the advice about breaking it. Once broke, expensive to make right.

this is a correct mak-sized handguard?

the chinese ak's have a different pattern and may need some "fitting" - of the hand guard not of the hand guard retainer.

have you tried tapping with a brass hammer (the wood hand guard) down towards the receiver. the wood will give a bit and form to the receiver. as bambam said - don't force the lever.

I remember having trouble with the original parts on either a MAK90 or a NHM90, but seems like I was doing something wrong. Maybe just tight and made me think I was turning it the wrong way. I had both and one of them was always trouble.

Back
Top Bottom