• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Truck broken into looking for advice

I know that I can't use deadly force to protect my property. Obviously I would call the police but I would also make it known that I was present and armed. Thanks for that great legal information.

A rat trap with a $5 bill in the floor board just set it every night. Tape a razor blade under the glove box handel with double side tape. Do not leave the car unlocked. And keep car in your driveway ie property.get a bb gun or pepper spray when you hear the thieves bleeding spray them with pepper spray and call the cops, tell them to stop and bring donuts and take their time. Tell the theives you put posion on the trap and razor blade to increase their blood pressure for increase bleeding. Tell them the only way to clean the wound is urine and offer to pee on them to help clean the wound.

Booby traps will get you tossed in the klink.

Probably discharging within city limits, assault with a deadly weapon. I would arm yourself with video than risk your 2A over things that can be replaced. I share your frustration!

this! My father in law fired a round into the air after a guy snatched 2 womens purses off the counter at his store..........to scare him. The guy stopped and went down thinking he has gonna get shot. The cops showed up and arrested my father in law for firing the weapon. Let the kids mother came to pick him up cause he was under age. WTF.

Booby traps will get you tossed in the klink.

A theif is going to report he got cut when we was breaking into the car? Doubt it.

I think that motion detector spot lights are one of the best theft, break-in deterent there is....my friends used to call my last house "the prison yard" cause it got lit up like it was daylight when you came near the house at night time.

By the way, I do not disagree w/ this statement.
In our local courts (in most circumstances) I feel that an investigator, judge, and/ or jury would feel that to be "reasonable"

I would still call or have someone call 911 for the reasons stated earlier.

I probably should have clarified that I meant "detained until the police got there", meaning that 911 would have been called by me or my significant other. Also, not that I'm a super secret squirrel black ops ninja or anything, but I've detained/arrested dozens of people at gunpoint over the years. It would not be a new sensation. :lol:

I think that motion detector spot lights are one of the best theft, break-in deterent there is....my friends used to call my last house "the prison yard" cause it got lit up like it was daylight when you came near the house at night time.

I agree with this 100%. Light is one of the biggest deterrents to night time thefts. When we moved into a new house back in January, one of the first things I did was install motion sensor floods over the garage door that light up when anything moves near the driveway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom