• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Used glocks for new prices... They hold value that well?

I get what yall said and all.... So how much should I pay for a used glock 19? And what makes it worth almost same as a new one? I used the search but couldn't find an answer..

:pop2::hat:
regular old Glock 19 should be 400 to 425 used. Perhaps more if it has extras like NS and extra mags.

The answer is simple. SCIENCE! As a Glock ages it actually, like a good wine, becomes better. As the plastic ages it slowly sets and becomes even harder. Example: the plastic on a brand new Glock that is fresh off the line will be sturdy and durable but a five year old Glock can be dropped off the top of the Empire State Building with little danger of breaking anything. A 15 year old Glock will deflect any round up to .44 magnum. The metal also improves as it ages - especially if you oil it. As the molecules slowly begin to be interact, the metal becomes not only stronger but also smoother. It's all about the protons and electrons.

This is the basic science behind why a Glock pistol will hold value, and in many cases actually increase in value as it ages. Especially if the person you bought it from told you they never shot it.

Reactions: STI
It's very simple, there are great deals that go fast, and dreamers asking high prices that sit a while. It doesn't matter if it's a Glock, ammo or anything else. I see it happen everyday on here. Some buyers are savvy, some lazy and others buy what they want no matter the price. It all sorts itself out in the end.

Something is starting top tell me the OP may be trying to buy exactly one gallon of gas and get his 1/10th of a cent change.

If the cost of a box of ammo or two is going to break you on a single gun deal, Maybe manufactured collectibles would be a better hobby.

Want to know what a Glock 19 is worth? It's worth exactly what the person selling theirs is willing to sell it for, or exactly what the man buying it is willing to spend to make it his. No more no less

I was trolling a little in my last post.

Some of you have AMAZING patience!!!!

I feel more comfortable buying one now, thanks doe the replies everyone and thanks for the laughs too!

The fun postings are when someone lists a Glock for sale and mention that it's "blue label." All that's telling me is you bought it for 400 and now selling it for 500.

Back
Top Bottom