• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

USPS lost package, who is responsible? seeking opinions

Seems item (d) fits your situation if the seller is a merchant. But you might have to take him to court.

Thanks for the info, he is just an individual. Don't think we are going to court over a small sum.

It isn't a big deal, just interested in what others thought. Any funds back to me will be good.

I also hate the USPS.

Thanks for the info, he is just an individual. Don't think we are going to court over a small sum.

It isn't a big deal, just interested in what others thought. Any funds back to me will be good.

I also hate the USPS.
Dang bro I hate to hear that.! I've used paypal a few times and never had problems...now if using fedx that's where the problems occurred for me. Lol.. Hope you can get something out if it.on another note, Did u ever get the rami??

I mailed a $750 money order on December 18th. It has not yet reached it's GA destination and it has not been cashed. I check the serial number on the USPS website everyday to see if it has been cashed. I have to wait 60 days from Dec 18th before I can file an inquiry to get a refund. My OCD assures me that the address and zip code were correct on the envelope. This is a recurring monthly payment that I make. Meanwhile, both the intended recipient and I are wondering where the hell it is.

Sucks. I hate reading or hearing stories about lost packages. Sorry to hear that happened to you.

Happened to me a few times. Even with insurance, tracking, signature upon delivery added, there is a slim chance you will get the item if it is "lost." Even after a claim is filed and an "investigation" has followed, it can be months before you even hear a word regarding the progress of your claim. I have always had bad luck with USPS and FedEx. As of right now, I am currently awaiting updates regarding a package what was supposed to be delivered to me on December 4th, 2013.

Sometimes, it seems the inconvenience of time, cost of shipping with added insurance and protection, long lines/rude customers and employees at the post office(especially during lunch break, which is the only time I am available to ship items during the week), is not worth it to me.

The few times I shipped I insured the package, even when what I charged for shipping didn't cover it. Anything over a hundred bucks and I would insist on it.

Back
Top Bottom