• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Walk away from meet with no deal...

It's only happened to me a couple of times...once when I was seller, once as a buyer. I don't mind if someone walks away for a legitimate issue with items condition...that's why I try to provide good pics before closing deal and pointing out any condition flaws before agreeing on price.
It's also why I don't like to drive too far for a meet!

I had one. It was with a shotgun I was selling. It had some paint on the barrel from where it slide down the lip of my window in my living room. I never paid any attention to it. But the dude I met was pissed off I didnt disclose the "damage" I took the palm of my hand and rubber it on the barrel and the paint started to come off. Its latex based paint if I would have noticed it on the shotgun before I left I would have rubbed it off before I got there. Anyway dude flipped out he was acting pretty weird anyway. He demanded i sell it to him for less I took it back put in my truck and told we dont have a deal then. After all this was an 870 China knockoff i was selling for 125 bucks i really felt it didnt matter if the stock was broke for that price, let alone a little paint on the barrel.

I had one. It was with a shotgun I was selling. It had some paint on the barrel from where it slide down the lip of my window in my living room. I never paid any attention to it. But the dude I met was pissed off I didnt disclose the "damage" I took the palm of my hand and rubber it on the barrel and the paint started to come off. Its latex based paint if I would have noticed it on the shotgun before I left I would have rubbed it off before I got there. Anyway dude flipped out he was acting pretty weird anyway. He demanded i sell it to him for less I took it back put in my truck and told we dont have a deal then. After all this was an 870 China knockoff i was selling for 125 bucks i really felt it didnt matter if the stock was broke for that price, let alone a little paint on the barrel.

Yea that's a joke...condition of that gun means that it shoots.

I’ve had someone meet me, then offer me less. Not because the condition but because the furniture on the gun, which was saw in the ad. I could’ve negged him but I didn’t.

Back
Top Bottom