• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Walk away from meet with no deal...

I'm not sure what you mean...they gave you negative feedback because the wood stock had dings in it?
No he offered a lower price because it didn’t have a wood stock, which a wood stock wasn’t pictured in the ad. Then he goes and sells it for $175 more than he offered me a month later.

had a meet as seller, item was actually better than described and a really good deal...person offered pawn shop money for it after having agreed to price...basically told him if i wanted pawnshop money i would have taken it to a pawn shop and not gone to the trouble to sell it here...he paid as agreed but had he not i would have left...

My understanding of the feedback system is that a member can show up for the meet...and then decide not to buy, sell or trade for any reason they choose...with no negative consequences. Perhaps I'm wrong.
If both agree on advertised price as is, does that include the option to walk away? NEG

My understanding of the feedback system is that a member can show up for the meet...and then decide not to buy, sell or trade for any reason they choose...with no negative consequences. Perhaps I'm wrong.

That's my understanding their money. Look at it in person first. I do like it when people are upfront about this from the start.

Had pictures of everything listed with complete History of rifle and guy made **** up to lowball me (acted like an expert and used buzz words from the interwebs).
I asked to get rifle back and then put it back in case and left, he just look dumbfounded as I drove away.

Sadly I think a few folks on the trader, mostly ones out to make a quick buck, use the strategy of trying to lowball at the meet hoping the seller will cave in because they already took the time and trouble to meet.

Back
Top Bottom