• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

We ain’t gonna make it! Who of you would buy this kinda truck?

Ok, but what is the average time for charging? I guarantee it is way more than stop at a gas station.
15-30 minutes. Usually superchargers are beside store or quick bite and back on the road. I’m not saying it’s for everyone but the few trips we’ve done were easy and much cheaper than gas……..

And there is a gas station at almost every crossroads. Wouldn’t want to have to plan every trip around available charging station locations, and factor in charging times. Plus no one seems to mention, you may have to wait for an available charger on busy travel days.
Tesla actually plans the stops and will determine amount of time to charge to hit the destination or next supercharger. Actually kinda brilliant! I’m the guy that pulls the Tesla into gas station to get some Copenhagen…..

How do they do anything to help the environment when most electricity in this country is generated with fossil fuels? Unless we are ready to go completely nuclear then it is a waste of time and technology.

My wife didn’t want a Tesla for environmental or political reasoning- she is a hard Regan Conservative! She just wanted one for the driving experience! I don’t believe government should dictate electric-gasoline cars- once they’ve herd everyone into a certain ring they’ll just run the price up on that dependence…… right now it’s cheaper than gas/ however not practical for someone like myself who drives a ton of stop & go and no time built in for charging!

My wife didn’t want a Tesla for environmental or political reasoning- she is a hard Regan Conservative! She just wanted one for the driving experience! I don’t believe government should dictate electric-gasoline cars- once they’ve herd everyone into a certain ring they’ll just run the price up on that dependence…… right now it’s cheaper than gas/ however not practical for someone like myself who drives a ton of stop & go and no time built in for charging!
I hope you didn't think I was directing my comments to you. They were only intended for those who believe that EV's are a solution to a problem that was fabricated by the left in the first place and think they are "doing their part".

Chevy Volt did something like that when it first came out. Not sure it's fits the definition of the current EV offerings. It had a very small gas motor that would kick on to charge the battery when it dropped below a certain threshold. Sort of like a modern day locomotive.

I really liked the Volt system. For most daily driving you could get where you needed to be on pure EV mode, but the gas engine meant you were always able to drive as long as you could fill the tank.

Like you say, very similar to the way Diesel-electric locomotives work today. Best of both worlds.

Back
Top Bottom