• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wear your eye protection

Burning Love

Default rank <5000 posts Supporter
tat-man
93   0
Reaction score
Karma screwed me over today.

After disagreeing with another posters disregard for wearing eye protection on here the other day, I took my gnarliest ricochet yet.

I don’t think karma realized that THEY were the one that needed to learn that lesson.

Had a 9mm from another shooters gun come back about 20 yards and catch me in the ribs. I’ve taken bits of ricochet before but this one was a beast. Heard the whiz as it came at me, and it feels like I’ve got a golf ball under my skin. Glad it didn’t hit me in my face.

Consider this a friendly reminder to not drop the ball on protecting your eyes! I’ve seen more than two professional shooters careers almost end thanks to rogue ricochets towards the eye. Their ballistic glasses saved them both.

Wear your glasses, kids.

Snap.

I see this type of negligence happen all too frequently, and it kind of makes me want to leave the shooting sports.

How do you guys recommend reacting when someone at the range, think indoor ranges here, flag you.

Frankly its on the road too, from your spandex wearing bikers inducing a head-on-head collision [even if that doesn't happen, dude I can't un-see you wearing spandex on a bicycle in front of me, if that's your thing fine, just don't force me into it dangerously...] tell the money grubbers at 'the chastain' that the pedestrian entrances they have situated past a stop sign have almost cost lots of people their lives.

I tried too, even after showing them where kids runnng across the road almost got hit, but no. $$$. Just like a range where whatever was allowed to ricochet. Behind the smiling young staff that's paid to be all nicey nice, is someone profiting from the lack of safety measures they negligently refused to put in place, and profit from not putting in place.
Put down the booze. This was about eye pro and the very real hazard of ricochet when shooting steel. Such as in steel challenge and uspsa. Not flagrant unsafe gun handling practices, attire of bikers and how civil engineers design roads.

Karma screwed me over today.

After disagreeing with another posters disregard for wearing eye protection on here the other day, I took my gnarliest ricochet yet.

I don’t think karma realized that THEY were the one that needed to learn that lesson.

Had a 9mm from another shooters gun come back about 20 yards and catch me in the ribs. I’ve taken bits of ricochet before but this one was a beast. Heard the whiz as it came at me, and it feels like I’ve got a golf ball under my skin. Glad it didn’t hit me in my face.

Consider this a friendly reminder to not drop the ball on protecting your eyes! I’ve seen more than two professional shooters careers almost end thanks to rogue ricochets towards the eye. Their ballistic glasses saved them both.

Wear your glasses, kids.
At least you remained standing, correct? lol
tenor Recoil.gif

Never seen one indoors except for floor bounce into back stop. However, I have heard more than a few shooting steel with 22lr. I've also been marked by brass jacket (guessing here) from shooting 9mm at steel plates. Z87 rated eye wear is cheap insurance.

Back
Top Bottom