• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What do you carry when you ride, and how?

Big guy in the sky

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
92   0
Reaction score
I ride as much as possible, most of the time. In fact, I try very hard to use my motorcycle as my everyday vehicle (it gets 32 mpg, and my titan doesn't). I want to know what other people carry when they ride, and how they carry it. I've thought about ankle holsters, and chest rigs. I settled on a high ride Don Hume for my Glock 27. I ride street bikes as a point of reference, but I'm definitely interested in what you cruiser types wear. How do you wear it and what gear do you wear? Vests? Drag Jackets? Chaps? Do you have a rig on your bike? Let me hear it all.

Chaps are for girls.

images.motorcycle_superstore.com_ProductImages_300_0000_Mad_Dog_Handgun_Mount___.jpg

[Broken External Image]:
thetruthaboutguns.com_wp_content_uploads_2011_04_holster_10.jpg

I STRONGLY disagree with carrying a Glock IWB on a bike!! I strongly disagree with carrying a Glock IWB. I strongly disagrre with carrying a Glock on a bike.....

IWB holster for 26/27 are really uncomfortable period. Plus, if I'm on my bike, i would want to be able to reholster it. That's not possible with a IWB holster.

Kel-Tec PF-9 in a belly band. Used to carry a Colt Government Pocketlite .380 but started getting a little carry wear on it and changed. Cant tell its there. Also carryed a Sig P-250-45 in a large band....Now that sucked.

I carry I Diamondback .380 IWB SOB in a Don Hume. Reholsters fine, sitting on the bike or standing. Center of the back is great, because on a bike, theoretically, one may need to draw with either hand. Why the little .380? Conceals in anything, even swim trunks (yes I pack while kayaking).

Kel-Tec PF-9 in a belly band. Used to carry a Colt Government Pocketlite .380 but started getting a little carry wear on it and changed. Cant tell its there.

What do you ride, though? Cruisers, you are a little more up right which could also go in line with sport touring models. Sport/Street bikes, you're usually bent forward a little that could make this a weird draw.

Back
Top Bottom