• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What do you carry when you ride, and how?

I have somewhere between 25-30,000 miles on my bikes riding year round in all kinds of weather.

I do not envision drawing the gun while trying to drive at the same time.

Everyone has to find the right carry system for them & the one that has worked well for me is the same one that I use everyday.
With a holster that covers the triggerguard I am not concerned with accidental discharges.

I had one spill & it never moved.

Last edited:
I carry I Diamondback .380 IWB SOB in a Don Hume. Reholsters fine, sitting on the bike or standing. Center of the back is great, because on a bike, theoretically, one may need to draw with either hand. Why the little .380? Conceals in anything, even swim trunks (yes I pack while kayaking).

I have a .22mag NAA folder that goes with me EVERYWHERE. Gym, School, hiking, running, anywhere.

JDWICKER are you an HK/Sig fan?

I also was going alot to ABATE meets and didnt really want to advertise. I dont so much now.

I understand. I find the idea of trying to draw, aim, shoot while riding a horrible possibility. However, I deal with far more aggressive, belligerent, and horrible drivers on my bike in one day, than I would in my car for a week. That's why holstering is important for me. I would rather have it if I NEED it and be able to show it, than be with out. I would hope and pray that it would deter the aggressor, lest I have to shoot.

I like my p238 for bolder holder carry, and I do have a "duty" style holster and shoulder holster for it. Just depends on the weather and what I'm wearing. In my experience of crashing bikes (quite a few times, I'm a bit of a hot throttle), one tends to scrape on the sides where a gun might be located.

I love going fast as well, and (knock on wood) my time won't come too soon. I have to say, I'm not familiar enough with a shoulder holster, period, to feel safe with drawing and reholstering while riding.

Back
Top Bottom