• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What do you carry when you ride, and how?

Thats my bad, that was antihero with the DB. I've also been curious of keltecs. Why so cheap, and all the negative hype? Sounds like a good idea for a thread....

You will find folks all over the place on these. I am one that has had no problems with mine. Only complaint is after alot of shooting my palm is a little sore.

I have no idea why DB's are not more popular. Must be that it isn't from an old, well-known company. I love by DB, it shoots as accurately as can be expected from a tiny .380, has been perfectly reliable, and has a more simple, easier to clean/work on design than any other mouse gun. I've heard of people having issues with feeding and such, but with a good break-in of 200-300 rounds and some lube (proper gun oil, or in a pinch I've used motor oil and WD-40), this little gun does the job well. The complaints I've heard have come from people who haven't put the gun through a few hundred shots. I have well over 1000 rounds through mine, and it is better than ever.

No offense intended, but if you can't get away from an aggressive four wheeler harassing you, get a faster bike. :eek: On the other hand, there are always one or more dangerous looking chimpmunks hanging at stoplights/ signs that can incur a threat of sorts....
Bahahaha, well.... As it would have it, I'm 245 lbs on a '99 GSXR 600 SRAD. I don't always feel like the quickest thing on the road. I do know what my bike is capable of with me on it, but still. I spend a good bit of time in heavy traffic. Areas where its not always the best to change lanes quickly or slow down/speed up rapidly. I do REALLY want a faster bike, thats coming.....

Bahahaha, well.... As it would have it, I'm 245 lbs on a '99 GSXR 600 SRAD. I don't always feel like the quickest thing on the road. I do know what my bike is capable of with me on it, but still. I spend a good bit of time in heavy traffic. Areas where its not always the best to change lanes quickly or slow down/speed up rapidly. I do REALLY want a faster bike, thats coming.....

hahaha, you are almost as big as your bike

IWB holster for 26/27 are really uncomfortable period. Plus, if I'm on my bike, i would want to be able to reholster it. That's not possible with a IWB holster.
I use blade-techs' phantom series IWB holster. it's quiet comfortable and really smooth for a quick draw and re-holstering compared to the Galco tuck-n-go.

Amateurs...

mybike.JPG

I have somewhere between 25-30,000 miles on my bikes riding year round in all kinds of weather.

I do not envision drawing the gun while trying to drive at the same time.

Everyone has to find the right carry system for them & the one that has worked well for me is the same one that I use everyday.
With a holster that covers the triggerguard I am not concerned with accidental discharges.

I had one spill & it never moved.

Now that's some miles on two wheels! I was not aware you were a biker too.

When tooling around town a decent IWB with a single stack compact works best for me. When I ride the mountains, NO GUN! If for any reason you are arrested you may also get a weapons charge.

Don't think it can't happen because I won't be doing anything to warrant it. There is a lot of LEO pressure to write tickets to speeding bikers in the places I "use" to ride (22 years). Had friend in a T-Rex up near Suches come up on a slow moving truck that was slowing even more when he approached (way below the speed limit). When safe to do so he passed this vehicle and the truck sped up staying right behind him. An officer was ahead and pulled him over. The officer in the truck began with a laundry list of violations stemming from the pass.

A lot of squids ruined the area (too many self-induced crashes) and I understand why the impressive enforcement of the rules of the road are executed. I really don't think setting bikers up and embellishing the truth to write tickets to bikers is appropriate. If one has a gun it is but another potential charge if one tends to bend the speed limits on a bike. Something to think about.

Back
Top Bottom