• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What have I done...My '76 TA

Okay, you resto gurus, I gots a question for you. When it comes to brakes, should I go back with original or upgrade. I don't want or need something like Wilwoods, so if I upgrade, what do you recommend? Keep in mind, we are an older couple that just want to cruise and look badass. We aren't going racing, but we want to STOP.

Also, should I replace the starter and alternator, or have them rebuilt? If rebuilt, who does a good job. I want them to look original.

What are some suggestions for quality brakes, that aren't a small fortune?
You dont have to go with anything fancy, delcos should be fine if you're keeping the factory wheel size. I guess I should have given a more complete response, I would upgrade to 4 wheel disc, I'm not sure and would have to do some digging, but I would look and see about the compatablilty of the rear disc set up from the 79 and doing the conversion.

You dont have to go with anything fancy, delcos should be fine if you're keeping the factory wheel size. I guess I should have given a more complete response, I would upgrade to 4 wheel disc, I'm not sure and would have to do some digging, but I would look and see about the compatablilty of the rear disc set up from the 79 and doing the conversion.
Gotcha. I think that by going to 4 wheel discs, I would have to change out the power brake booster. Mine is already in California for rebuild, so I'll probably just stay with drums on the back. I will check into the '79 compatibility though. Thanks.

Okay, you resto gurus, I gots a question for you. When it comes to brakes, should I go back with original or upgrade. I don't want or need something like Wilwoods, so if I upgrade, what do you recommend? Keep in mind, we are an older couple that just want to cruise and look badass. We aren't going racing, but we want to STOP.

Also, should I replace the starter and alternator, or have them rebuilt? If rebuilt, who does a good job. I want them to look original.

LAWRENCEVILLE AUTO ELECTRIC, HURRICANE SHOALS ROAD, LAWRENCEVILLE, GA.

Gotcha. I think that by going to 4 wheel discs, I would have to change out the power brake booster. Mine is already in California for rebuild, so I'll probably just stay with drums on the back. I will check into the '79 compatibility though. Thanks.
If I remember right, on the 79 model the rear disc were just a bolt on upgrade....good luck and keep us posted!

Has anyone got experience with the Pypes exhaust? They make a real nice X crossover exhaust system that runs into a RaceFlow muffler, that maximizes ground clearance. Videos look pretty good. Has a nice sound.

Back
Top Bottom