• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the best American 22lr bolt action on the market…

not a repeater
but you would be surprised how good (and fun) the crickett is.
its cheap, accurate , and fun. being a single shot, you dont just blow thru rounds, you tend to take your time and place every shot.
best part, you can get one used on the ODT between 250 and 500 bucks. or but one brand new at walmart for $126...
the ruger precision is great, i have one in 17hmr. dont know i would bother with a 22, 22 sniper shots are 50 to 80 yards. the 17 will run out to 300 yards...
"best part, you can get one used on the ODT between 250 and 500 bucks. or but one brand new at walmart for $126..." there's a lot of truth in that statement..

What are the issues with CA? I have a Mesa in 300WM that I've been very pleased with. Accuracy is as advertised and it has yet to have any problems. Just curious what others are seeing.
I don't know what the issues are. I just know my savage 110 308 shoots 1/4" groups at 100 yards and the christensen arms carbon fiber whizz bang gee whiz high dollar show off rifle shoots about 3/4" groups at 100 yards.

I don't know what the issues are. I just know my savage 110 308 shoots 1/4" groups at 100 yards and the christensen arms carbon fiber whizz bang gee whiz high dollar show off rifle shoots about 3/4" groups at 100 yards.
I'm still skeptical about the carbon fiber barrels. I bought the stainless barrel model. The selling point for me was the weight. A sub 7lb long action magnum with the features it comes with for the selling price was pretty hard to beat. It shot 3/4 with factory loads and 1/2 with my handloads. That's more than accurate enough for its intended purpose. I could buy a rifle that punches the same hole over and over, but I don't want to tote a 15lb rifle through the mountains in Alaska. I'm sure there are better options out there that I'm unaware of, but I'm not sure that means CA is trash.

sounds like a good ODT meeting/shoot off!!!
I believe I'd drive to MaConga to watch!!!
AND...while I'm at it...how about a #52???View attachment 5005530

personally this is what i would choose as well. i know the modern rifles are more accurate but i dont think any of them will top the craftsmanship of a nice 52. granted the prices for 52's are also going way up.

maybe go back and read the entire thread. you may find where it started and where it is may surprise you..
surprise
an unexpected or astonishing event, fact, or thing.
ie
you may be shocked to learn how it started,,
i simply suggested a 17 was more accurate out to 300 yards than a 22.
And you were simply wrong.

Actually, Uncle Joe, this is what started it. With your talks of "sniper shots" (that's a great Joe kind of comment) and 22 only out to 80 yards. Then you further these ridiculous comments by doubling down in the next few, which is actually where I gave you your nickname. You know, talk of how 22lr isn't good for hunting, so it's useless and all. Again, a great unc Joe Fudd comment and mindset
so what would a sniper shot be to you? something that makes a noise and "maybe" can penetrate a piece of paper?
or something that has the ability to kill something. i am the farthest thing from a fudd you will ever find. i made a statement of the killing ability of a round. you made a statement that if you think lethality is a measuring stick for a round, you are a fudd or uncle joe.
And you were simply wrong.
no
i was 100% right. i stated the usefulness of the round.
"not a repeater
but you would be surprised how good (and fun) the crickett is.
its cheap, accurate , and fun. being a single shot, you dont just blow thru rounds, you tend to take your time and place every shot.
best part, you can get one used on the ODT between 250 and 500 bucks. or but one brand new at walmart for $126...
the ruger precision is great, i have one in 17hmr. dont know i would bother with a 22, 22 sniper shots are 50 to 80 yards. the 17 will run out to 300 yards...'

i guess any opinion other than yours is wrong?
you guys can have the thread. i am done with the thread jacking. i did not want to step on your toes. thanks for letting me know that my choice is wrong, and only yours are right.
i got to remember
that members who have been here longer, have a lesser positive feedback, or both... have better "OPINIONS " than me..
you guys have fun.

Back
Top Bottom