• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's everyones fascination with shooting at 1000+yards?

I'm also not a big fan of folks that obviously don't understand the attraction of long range shooting, but don't hesitate to put down those that enjoy it.
There might now be another group that welcomes in new shooters better than the LR group. That said, they don't care to hear the BS is why a Chinese $300 scope is jerst az guud because they have all seen it and done it. I've brought a lot of new shooters into the lr game, centerline and rimfire, and the first takeaway from every single one is how the scope needs an immediate upgrade. Simply cannot see shot up, small targets at range. It's not elitist, it's knowing what all goes into making the shots and what are bare minimums to aid in success.

There might now be another group that welcomes in new shooters than the LR group. That said, they don't care to hear the BS is why a Chinese $300 scope is jerst az guud because they have all seen it and done it. I've brought a lot of new shooters into the lr game, centerline and rimfire, and the first takeaway from every single one is how the scope needs an immediate upgrade. Simply cannot see shot up, small targets at range. It's not elitist, it's knowing what all goes into making the shots and what are bare minimums to aid in success.
It has a lot to do with how the information is presented.

I have watched some videos recently of the ELR guys (2 miles) which is crazy and fascinating. Im not going spend 7K or whatever those rifle/scope combos cost but Id try it if I was invited to go.

Back
Top Bottom