• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's the best and worst live performance you have seen and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst was either David Allen Coe played at the fairgrounds here. Dude fell out of his bus and barely made it to the stage. Other would be Casting Crowns. I was really excited but they kept stopping the show to talk. When they played it was like they were just going through the motions. think my hopes were just too high. Expected better from them.
Best would have to be probably Drivin' and cryin' April of 91 or 92. I was too young to be there but it was great.

My best was SRV in Nashville in mid 80s. He shredded one song after another from start to finish.

Worst was Bob Dylan in Tampa early 90s. He must have been sick or exhausted.

Worst perfomance 1983 - Nazereth, opening for Rush in Frankfurt, Germany. The sound was completely screwed up.
Best performance, 1989-ish? - George Thorogood and the Destroyers, some venue around Virginia Beach.

Worst perfomance 1983 - Nazereth, opening for Rush in Frankfurt, Germany. The sound was completely screwed up.
Best performance, 1989-ish? - George Thorogood and the Destroyers, some venue around Virginia Beach.
I forgot about George. Saw him and the gang at the Fox around 89-91. Kick ass show!

Elvis (2 times) & Elton John for the best (mid 70's), even fat Elvis was AMAZING.

STYX was really good, but worst concert because my smoking hot date (now my wife of almost 40 years) had both hands over both her ears even during the warm up group... it was pretty loud. We left quick, she was in tears.

My best concert was STYX in Norman, OK... think it was 1978..... Best acoustics ever....

Worst... A few of the MoTown folks playing at Chastain.... They came out in wheelchairs...

Stones(1975), Lynyrd Skynyrd(1975) and Willie Nelson(1978) at the OMNI-Best
Neil Diamond-Omni or Phillips Arena-Worst. I hope I never hear "Forever in Blue Jeans", he sang that song 4-5 times BUT, the women loved it!

Metallica for the Black album was by far the best live show I've ever seen.

AC/DC for the "Who Made Who" and Cinderella "Night Songs" at the Omni was horrible. It was the late 80's. I was a teenager. Weed was everywhere and I was stoned. Didn't even smoke anything. It was so thick in the air that I was gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom