• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

When is it ok? I need facts.

only time you should pull your firearm is when you are ready to use it to defend yourself

brandishing laws are a thing and generally speaking the law doesnt have tolerance for people trying to handle it themselves (as useless as the law may be in a situation like this). get a restraining order i suppose? not sure, consult a lawyer IMO

but do what you have to to protect your children. better to be tried by a jury of 12 then carried by 6 at your funeral

hope it works out for you. sorry you are dealing with a ****bag

Hey I'm new to this, but here we go. I'm just wondering in a threatening situation in public what are my rights and when is it okay to feel safe to draw my weapon or even pull the trigger if I had to? I've Been having an issue with a stalker. I have young children and a lot of the times I am by myself with them. I have talked to the police where I live in the most advice I have gotten from them is call us. I live in South Georgia.
Police friend me always tell me to Avoid 1st. Evade 2nd. Protect yourself at all costs. That’s the law. But law is out the window when you feel threatened in my opinion. Someone else will chime in I’m sure.

Yes avoid at all costs, which I am sure you will, but when you feel genuinely threatened to the point of having to stop the threat or die, have no mercy on them. I'm no lawyer but I don't need a man written law to tell me whether or not I have the God given right to stop someone from trying to kill me.

You should get the restraining order asap.You need to document your attempts to stop this peacefully. Good luck.

btw, i should have mentioned/asked. how proficient are you with firearms??

if you are new to using them or are a novice, im sure someone on here in your local area wouldnt mind giving you a bit of safety training and practice.

if you were in the atlanta area ill extend the offer myself. i hate bullys and creeps.

Hey I'm new to this, but here we go. I'm just wondering in a threatening situation in public what are my rights and when is it okay to feel safe to draw my weapon or even pull the trigger if I had to? I've Been having an issue with a stalker. I have young children and a lot of the times I am by myself with them. I have talked to the police where I live in the most advice I have gotten from them is call us. I live in South Georgia.
Ga law allows the defense of yourself or third party u to and including lethal force. Document the staking every time, calls, text or visual every time with your local LE, this proves pattern and intent. Remember this rule, ability, opportunity, and preclusion. Does the stalker have the ability to cause harm, does the stalker have the opportunity, and have you precluded lethal force in only option for escape to avoid injury or death to yourself or another, with this met, do what you need to survive.

Back
Top Bottom