• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

When is it ok? I need facts.

Thanks, the law is and has been involved. We were just notified this morning the person just got out of jail. As of right now I'm working with our lawyer to see what we can do about getting a restraining order. I was just worried and wanted a little extra information.. I do have a firearm for protection but with all the laws I'm terrified to use it even if i have to.. I shoot for practice all the time. But it has come to the point that I may need to protect my family with it and I just want to be sure and clear of what the laws are and when it is okay like I said I have kids to take care of and rather not be in jail for the rest of their lives because of a dirtbag.

Hey I'm new to this, but here we go. I'm just wondering in a threatening situation in public what are my rights and when is it okay to feel safe to draw my weapon or even pull the trigger if I had to? I've Been having an issue with a stalker. I have young children and a lot of the times I am by myself with them. I have talked to the police where I live in the most advice I have gotten from them is call us. I live in South Georgia.

Oh, sorry for my unpoliteness. Welcome to the trader. And as others have said, we have members here which teach firearms safety and training .

And I want to make it clear I would never point a weapon at somebody just because they were yelling or because of a little argument. I just want to be sure that if said person was trying to bang my windows out with my kids and myself in the car or tried to grab one of my kids it would be justifiable... Just the thought of me getting in trouble for protecting myself and my children scares me a bit.

And I want to make it clear I would never point a weapon at somebody just because they were yelling or because of a little argument. I just want to be sure that if said person was trying to bang my windows out with my kids and myself in the car or tried to grab one of my kids it would be justifiable... Just the thought of me getting in trouble for protecting myself and my children scares me a bit.

Your vehicle is an extension of your home same rules apply if they where forcefully entering your home, fire away once they are inside.

i would say that if he's sitting there banging on your window and you have kids in the car then you would be justified

i would say that if he's sitting there banging on your window and you have kids in the car then you would be justified
Banging on the window means he is outside with a divider between them, and there’s a reasonable means to evade. If he breaks the window out and passes the window sill then that’s a different story

If he's trying to forcibly enter your vehicle you are without a doubt legally justified to use deadly force. Hopefully that doesn't happen but if it does don't hesitate.

Afterwards say as little to the police as possible. Call your lawyer. It's important to understand nothing you say to police can be used in your favor, it can only be used against you. Not bashing them at all, that's just how it works so there's no reason to talk to them at all.

Back
Top Bottom