• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why does everyone want PMAGS? They suck!!!

Not trying to start a pee-pee contest, BUT the tan follower mags failed ALOT more that the green or black follower. I do know the black followers are not allowed in theater, but can be used for training. And the tan followers were what most of the units going were getting, the problem w/ the tan followers is that around 20-25 rounds or so, the follower gets stuck in the mag body for some unknown reason. The bigger problem is that the the most the mags will be only loaded w/ 20 rounds in training, so the prob might never come up in training, in combat w/ a 30rnd mag, might be a very diffrent story.

So what does pogue stand for?

It is old school military slang. Somehow it got changed through the years. It means basically the same thing but it is the correct spelling from the old days. Most guys generally use REMF.
1) field pogues: These are the ones that give support to the grunts(infantry) in the field, like communications and transport.

2) office pogues: These are the office troops that sit on their arses in front of a computer with heat in the winter and ac in the summer. Also known as S.O.M.A ( sit on my arse). These are looked down upon by both, grunts and field pogues.

Thats a nice youtube video but check out a shotgun news article about a year ago where PMAGS, Thermolds and a few other plastic mags were tested against Colt, Brownels, Center Industries and numerous other metal mags. The plastic and metal mags all functioned just fine after being run over by a deuce and a half. The only thing that broke any mags was dropping them from 10 feet on their feed lips. All of the mags failed as none were designed to survive such abuse.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is old school military slang. Somehow it got changed through the years. It means basically the same thing but it is the correct spelling from the old days. Most guys generally use REMF.
1) field pogues: These are the ones that give support to the grunts(infantry) in the field, like communications and transport.

2) office pogues: These are the office troops that sit on their arses in front of a computer with heat in the winter and ac in the summer. Also known as S.O.M.A ( sit on my arse). These are looked down upon by both, grunts and field pogues.

Trust me brother I know what a POG is. I was simply asking what your brevity code was for POGUE as apposed to POG.

Back
Top Bottom