Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thegiantmidget

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
113   0
Reaction score
I just took a job at a local gas station working nights until I leave for Paris Island in March. I just finished my first shift. It's not glamorous or anything, but it'll be nice to have a few bucks between now and when I report for recruit training. My county has had two armed robberies in the last week which is totally unusual for this area. One happened to occur at the Subway that adjoins the building of my new workplace. (http://stmarys.firstcoastnews.com/news/news/81651-kingsland-police-arrest-2-robbery-suspects) while the other happened at a hotel I believe. Anyhow, the way I interpret the law (someone please tell me if I am mistaken), I cannot be charged with a crime for carrying in a business that doesn't allow firearms so long as I leave if asked so as not to trespass. I also understand that my employer can terminate me for doing so. I am living at home while I eagerly await my ship date and will survive without this job in the unlikely event that my CCW is seen and I am let loose. I'm just looking for some opinions. If it were you, would you carry?

Also, does anyone know if my military career could be jeopardized by doing so?

I voted yes because there is no option for find a new job. Under what situation would you use it? Why would you stop the robbery of a company with a policy of compliance?

If you want to carry for personal protection, fine, but do not act on behalf of the company.

This needed to be addresses before you took the job. I would exspress my concerns with the boss and try to get a mutual understanding with the owners. If they won't budge then you have a tough choice to make but I would'nt carry on the property if I was not allowed. You could get in a bad situation that will only be made worse by not complying with the owners wishes. They have a right to their decision as much as you have a right to carry so respect that right if you want to be one of their employees.

I voted yes because there is no option for find a new job. Under what situation would you use it? Why would you stop the robbery of a company with a policy of compliance?

If you want to carry for personal protection, fine, but do not act on behalf of the company.

Yep, what he said. Could not have said it better.

I'm with captdave on this. It's not your money they would be stealing

I say yes cause if your life is on the line the company can't replace that.

Yep, what he said. Could not have said it better.

All of this.

This needed to be addresses before you took the job. I would exspress my concerns with the boss and try to get a mutual understanding with the owners. If they won't budge then you have a tough choice to make but I would'nt carry on the property if I was not allowed. You could get in a bad situation that will only be made worse by not complying with the owners wishes. They have a right to their decision as much as you have a right to carry so respect that right if you want to be one of their employees.

But not this.

I would carry, if it were me, any arrest can hinder your military career if someone wants to make a fight about it, but again as you have stated, in my understanding you are breaking no laws. (Unless you are asked to leave and won't) knowing and accepting the consequences of possibly losing your job over it is about the only thing I would be worried about. But if you can do without this job, I would carry, definitely.

Back
Top Bottom