Would you carry?

Should I carry?

• YES, keep it hidden and hope it isn't needed

Votes: 47 94.0%
  • NO, leave it at home

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted yes because there is no option for find a new job. Under what situation would you use it? Why would you stop the robbery of a company with a policy of compliance?

If you want to carry for personal protection, fine, but do not act on behalf of the company.

Well here I agree with Dave, to a point. Carry and if you're robbed give the "company" money away as they probably already told you to do, but not everybody is just interested in money. Many a time the fools get carried away and are willing to take it farther for whatever reason and then your preparedness may be in order.

Having been robbed at gunpoint myself in my younger days (while on the job), I do not think a CCW would have helped much, but that was just one instance. I sure wish I would have had something at the time though.

Could he be charged with a felony? The owners have stated they don't allow weapons (so there is the being told part) and then you do it anyway? If charged with a felony that would for sure effect your enlistment.

Could he be charged with a felony? The owners have stated they don't allow weapons (so there is the being told part) and then you do it anyway? If charged with a felony that would for sure effect your enlistment.

You know what else will effect enlistment...
Getting shot in the face. Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Just sayin'...

Carrying at that work place violates "policy" not Georgia law. An arrest could very well halt your military career before it begins. If defending yourself during an armed robbery here in Georgia it is doubtful you would be arrested unless you broke the law. The pharmacy video of the owner walking up and popping a downed robber/defenseless? comes to mind.

You cannot outdraw a gun pointed at you and would be at a distinct disadvantage. It's hard to read the mind of some home chicken and know if all he wants is the money or leave no witnesses. Historically percentages favor the former rather than the latter. I'm not really much of a gambler though.

If during a robbery a home chicken/s decides to march your crew into a backroom the risk of being murdered has just escalated to risk too great to chance for me and at the first opportunity, either created or naturally occurring I'd go for the quick decisive shot within my known effective range with that particular weapon. The range would typically be uncomfortably close. Being able to rapidly point shoot a side arm (not using sights) in 3-4 inch circle within 5 yards could come in handy at some point of time.

Keep it concealed with only one person aware it's on you.

Last edited:
Surely you can find another job that doesn't put your life in danger each and every shift and/or has the potential of ruining your enlistment opportunities??? March is still a ways off and yes the Marine Corps can and will cancel and/or delay your enlistment if you're tied up in any civilian legal matters.

And he would have saved all the people in Arora also right?

Just sayin'....

Well not exactly the right thread to toss this out and I apologize to our OP. So not having a gun or making laws that prevent legal concealed carry for law abiding citizens are a deterrent? A gun would not have helped those defenseless?

Perhaps laws that forbid the carrying of legal concealed firearms such as those enacted in Aurora Colorado (despite state law) are wise?

Sorry Midget.

One good guy with a gun and determination has changed the tide of battle more than once.

Last edited:
I voted yes because there is no option for find a new job. Under what situation would you use it? Why would you stop the robbery of a company with a policy of compliance?

If you want to carry for personal protection, fine, but do not act on behalf of the company.

I gotta say I am with Capt on this

Well not exactly the right thread to toss this out and I apologize to our OP. So not having a gun or making laws that prevent legal concealed carry for law abiding citizens are a deterrent? A gun would not have helped those defenseless?

Perhaps laws that forbid the carrying of legal concealed firearms such as those enacted in Aurora Colorado (despite state law) are wise?

Sorry Midget.

One good guy with a gun and determination has changed the tide of battle more than once.
You are right, my bad. (got caught up with a sacastic response to a post) sorry to the giantmidget!!

Back
Top Bottom