Would you carry?

Should I carry?

• YES, keep it hidden and hope it isn't needed

Votes: 47 94.0%
  • NO, leave it at home

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Keep it hidden and keep you mouth shut. It doesn't sound like you are at legal risk, and its a temporary job anyhow, so if you get fired its not a great loss. Just don't shoot anyone shop lifting a candy bar. Well, unless it's the last one.

Best wishes in your Military Career. Thank you for your willingness to protect my freedom.

I carry concealed everywhere I go, even in my workplace. My boss knows that I am an avid shooter and that I carry, he never has said that I can not carry, he has never really said much. In one of my recent past posts his friend was murdered by a robber while renovating a house he purchased for a rental property in North Carolina. We got into a discussion about the importance of CC and being prepared to protect yourself. It is unfortunate that the reality is we live in a ruthless world. At any moment, things could take a turn for the worse.

I am glad you got the job and are able to make some money. Gas stations are prime targets for armed robbers looking to come up with some quick cash, and this is especially the case if the station is located next to an easy escape route (an interstate or highway), or a bad neighborhood is relatively close to the vicinity of the gas station.

The overall goal for any business is to deter a criminal from making an attempt. There are several things that can potentially deter such a crime from happening.
- Signage clearly visible on the front door that says "Remotely recorded CCTV in operation 24/7" / "Time delay safe in operation"
- All businesses that handle cash should have a training program in store security with an extensive overview of what to do in certain types of crisis situations.
- Frequent cash drops. Ensure that the drawer has as little money as possible in it at all times. Most times, a criminal looking top rob you for cash will want to see his "take"
prior to initiating his action to do so. If he or his accomplice comes in and buys a small item such as a soda/bubble gum and pays cash just to get you to open the drawer
to "get a look at the amount of loot that is in the drawer" and if there is little, they likely will go elsewhere and the whole robbery may very well be avoided.

Just educate yourself on your position, understand what you can do to avoid a bad one, and be prepared if a bad situation indeed arises.

In the meantime, look for another job and discuss your belief in your rights to carry concealed with the management in your interview. You always have the option to work somewhere else that welcomes and believes in the Second Amendment.

Best of luck to you.

Thank you for the replies friends. I think I have resolved myself to carry it and keep it to myself while praying it's never needed. To answer Dave's question, I'm not sticking my neck out for company money, but I'm not getting shot in the face over it either. I'd use my weapon only if I felt my life was in danger. That's about the best rationalization I can use.

Thank you for the replies friends. I think I have resolved myself to carry it and keep it to myself while praying it's never needed. To answer Dave's question, I'm not sticking my neck out for company money, but I'm not getting shot in the face over it either. I'd use my weapon only if I felt my life was in danger. That's about the best rationalization I can use.

Nice choice, and thanks for your service. Quick question though: I read through all of the posts and nowhere did I see that your employer specifically forbids it. Please correct me if I've overlooked it, but maybe you should talk to the owner and ask if it's ok. There's a good chance that they might be ok with it if you told them you would keep it concealed from the view of customers, informed them of all of the training you received, and made them feel comfortable that you knew the laws and how to effectively utilize the firearm when it is absolutely needed. If that doesn't work, then go ahead and carry concealed, but there's no sense in doing it behind their back when you could do it in front of their face with no problem. Thanks again for your service.

I worked during college as a night shift guy at a motel, a Motel 6 to be exact. It was in a lower crime area and there was a company policy that no employees other than security could carry a firearm on the property. I simply asked my manager if security was part of my job responsibilities and his response was that he hoped security would be part of EVERY employees responsibilities.
Fair enough, I packed my pistol.
Now at a low budget hotel with a couple rooms we referred to as "hooker suites" weird things happen. We were robbed once, some drunk smashed out the lobby window and wanted to fight me and manager (he ended up knocked down and held there till the cops showed up and took over the rest), and a naked guy walked in one night to report that the husband of the woman he was "banging" kicked the door in and snatched up his clothes, the woman by the hair, and drove off.
Never had to draw, never would have during a robbery- like CaptDave said, it's the company's money and not worth a less than heroic shootout.
Working night shift is great if you see comedy in things, sucks if you take life seriously. Get to know the police who work nights and ask them to drop by now and then if they can- make a presence known.
Above all don't confront anyone that isn't about to do you harm- let them live out their insanity and clean up later.
Oh, and YES carry deep concealed and TRUST your instincts.

Nice choice, and thanks for your service. Quick question though: I read through all of the posts and nowhere did I see that your employer specifically forbids it. Please correct me if I've overlooked it, but maybe you should talk to the owner and ask if it's ok. There's a good chance that they might be ok with it if you told them you would keep it concealed from the view of customers, informed them of all of the training you received, and made them feel comfortable that you knew the laws and how to effectively utilize the firearm when it is absolutely needed. If that doesn't work, then go ahead and carry concealed, but there's no sense in doing it behind their back when you could do it in front of their face with no problem. Thanks again for your service.

I'm proud to be fit to serve. Thank you for paying your taxes : )

Page 1 of the employee packet specifically states no firearms, or I would have given it a shot.

Back
Top Bottom