• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Would you do it?

JNelson04

Default rank <2000 posts
Star running back at Polk High
47   0
Reaction score
I’ve had a few members who have messaged me about an item I have for sale saying along the lines of “Hey man, I got a buddy who’s interested in your “firearm”, he’s not a member on ODT but a good guy, can you call or text him?” Along with their number. I’ve turned 2 members down stating I won’t do business with someone who is not at least a member of the site.
I finally caved in, because I wanted to sell quick, and messaged a guy who’s number I was given from a member. The entire deal went just as smooth as any other and I’m glad I gave the guy a chance but I don’t think I’d really want to do it again.
What is everyone’s thoughts on this?

I say no... let the member here act as a go-between or agent of the buyer and handle the deal with you, and he can provide that firearm to his buddy / co-worker / neighbor, etc.
Keep the communications between you and the other ODT member in PMs.
There's no law against "straw purchases" in private deals between residents of the same state.
Not unless one of y'all knows that the "friend / buddy/ co-worker" is a prohibited person.

Just depends, had a guy contact me about a gun had listed. Then he asked if i had trade x with him previously - had not. Then ask if had any if this and that - yes I did. The started asking for more "intense" questions - told him not going to deal with someone I have no idea who they are - just did not feel right.

Another guy who showed up to buy a pistol, called when close from an out of state phone number, got out of vehicle, pulled out his wallet, said know you did not ask but here is my carry permit - all good there!

ATF.jpg

I’ve had a few members who have messaged me about an item I have for sale saying along the lines of “Hey man, I got a buddy who’s interested in your “firearm”, he’s not a member on ODT but a good guy, can you call or text him?” Along with their number. I’ve turned 2 members down stating I won’t do business with someone who is not at least a member of the site.
I finally caved in, because I wanted to sell quick, and messaged a guy who’s number I was given from a member. The entire deal went just as smooth as any other and I’m glad I gave the guy a chance but I don’t think I’d really want to do it again.
What is everyone’s thoughts on this?

I have done this for a buddy of mine, but he's at home now, so I told him no more. He joined ODT and is addicted to the site.

I have done this for a buddy of mine, but he's at home now, so I told him no more. He joined ODT and is addicted to the site.

That’s my gripe. If your buddy is into firearms enough to purchase one then turn him onto this site and join the fun. It takes no time and it’ll eventually consume your life like it does mine. It’s a win-win.

I say no... let the member here act as a go-between or agent of the buyer and handle the deal with you, and he can provide that firearm to his buddy / co-worker / neighbor, etc.
Keep the communications between you and the other ODT member in PMs.
There's no law against "straw purchases" in private deals between residents of the same state.
Not unless one of y'all knows that the "friend / buddy/ co-worker" is a prohibited person.

I like this idea.

Back
Top Bottom