• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Your buddy's weird gun obsessions?

Piglatinhater

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
82   3
Reaction score
Any of you guys have friends with weird gun habits or obsessions?

My friend's dad: refuses to believe woman should CC anything other than a revolver. "Its simple, they won't get confused" is his motto.
Friend 1: Everything Spikes Tactical. Everything.
Friend 2: He will use 100% of all ammo he buys. He will never set any aside for later or have a loaded gun in the house. He lives in Grizzly country out west, so every hiking trip warrants a stop to his LGS for a box. The last thing he does on said hiking trip? Run through the box he just bought. Odd.

My friend likes Glock. Just getting out ahead of the obvious answer.

In seriousness, my father refuses to shoot any other way than wrapping both of his thumbs around the grip of a pistol. Gets slide bite Everytime and bleeds all over the place. I refuse to go to a public range with him now.

Lots of folks my age and older believe the revolver myth. Some even think that way about guys carrying. And I have to agree that I don't get the whole Spikes fixation. Some of their lowers like the "Hellbreaker" are just plain out of the closet flaming gay.
Sophomoric rollmarks, spiders resembling "dueling penai" and rumors of past questionable marketing practices aside, Spikes makes a pretty dang good rifle. Just sayin'.

I unload my carru gun and cycle the ammo I carry nightly. Alsp when I buy a new weapon I spend about a week handling and dry firing it before I load it.

Back
Top Bottom