22LR Subsonics Ammo recommendation?

CCI is far superior to the Walmart Remingtons. Much quieter. Don't know why, just is.
I’ll vouch for that, but also consider Wolf. It’s not listed as subsonic but it is 1,050 fps which puts it as subsonic. I run that in my Savage and it is quite and very accurate.

I'm shooting cci quiet 22 with no suppressor and it sounds like a air rifle.
With a suppressor all you hear is the bolt drop. My buddies that were 10ft away didn't know I was even shooting. (Shooting in a backyard too)

I got a new box of Aguilla Subsonics. They cycle fine in my Ruger 10/22 but not in my Chiappa 1911-22. I had a Ruger 22/45 a while back and it would cycle CCI subsonics just fine. The subsonics tend to be just as loud as the regular velocity rounds in my pistols but a lot quieter in my long rifles. I think the powder has a chance to burn up in the rifle barrel and the bullet starts to slow down before it exits. The pistol barrel is shorter and the powder is still burning when the bullet exits the barrel. The only ones that might be extra quiet in my pistols is the Agulla "Primer Only" rounds that have no powder whatsoever. Then, I would suggest using a .22 revolver instead of a semi-automatic so you don't have to worry about the action of the slide.

I got a new box of Aguilla Subsonics. They cycle fine in my Ruger 10/22 but not in my Chiappa 1911-22. I had a Ruger 22/45 a while back and it would cycle CCI subsonics just fine. The subsonics tend to be just as loud as the regular velocity rounds in my pistols but a lot quieter in my long rifles. I think the powder has a chance to burn up in the rifle barrel and the bullet starts to slow down before it exits. The pistol barrel is shorter and the powder is still burning when the bullet exits the barrel. The only ones that might be extra quiet in my pistols is the Agulla "Primer Only" rounds that have no powder whatsoever. Then, I would suggest using a .22 revolver instead of a semi-automatic so you don't have to worry about the action of the slide.

I plan on getting a bolt action 22LR for super silenced plinking. Just haven't decide on what to get for that yet.

Whinchester dyna points are not bad out of short barrels and pistols. Oh and for a rifle go with. Cz 453 with the set trigger if you can still find one

My 7 year old shooting at Velma from Scooby doo at 50 yds using Cz453 , kodiak TL, and Cci std velocity
i276.photobucket.com_albums_kk6_bcr308_793F2EDA_9FCA_4F2B_A7B8a7476f77aebc330c219ddedd91cbaa5f.jpg

[Broken External Image]:

i276.photobucket.com_albums_kk6_bcr308_7F7F5698_6E01_49E6_BF8010086741fd4e26d073dda813dbebc5ee.jpg

Last edited:
I shoot A LOT of CCI 40gr at 1070fps through my 77/22, buck mark, dedicated 22 upper...through a Liberty Kodiak TL.

It cycles well in ALL My platforms
Is reasonably consistent ammo

I have tested all kinds of ammo but didn't want to buy X rounds for X gun and Y rounds for Y gun...so instead, I buy 10,000 rds of CCI at a time and BLAST AWAY!

Back
Top Bottom