22LR Subsonics Ammo recommendation?

I'll also say that the Remington is louder and less reliable than the rest. The Remington was all over the loudness scale. Some rounds would fizzle out and some would be just as loud as regular ammo.

I shoot A LOT of CCI 40gr at 1070fps through my 77/22, buck mark, dedicated 22 upper...through a Liberty Kodiak TL.

It cycles well in ALL My platforms
Is reasonably consistent ammo

I have tested all kinds of ammo but didn't want to buy X rounds for X gun and Y rounds for Y gun...so instead, I buy 10,000 rds of CCI at a time and BLAST AWAY!

Great post!!

That's my plan... buy em cheap and stack em deep!
Better if it work for all my guns!

I'll also say that the Remington is louder and less reliable than the rest. The Remington was all over the loudness scale. Some rounds would fizzle out and some would be just as loud as regular ammo.

remington 22s suck! I hate those. I NEVER buy them. Even the cheap federal $1.29 boxes work better than those

Id still test your guns first. Facts might be true but it wasn't for mine. I thought my colt 6920 rifle would eat up anything because alot of people report that colt is the best and they have never had an issue with steel ammo. So I gave that a try since prices are unbeatable and my colt 6920 kept getting FTF and FTE every 10 rounds or so with the Tula, WPA and Silver Bear .223 55gr. I never had a problem with the brass casings. I clean my rifle every shooting session so it stays real clean. Maybe it needs a little dirt in it to work flawless against steel case...

I bought a brick of the new Gemtech .22 ammo it is a very good load and cycles the Buckmark and 10-22 just fine. I have found the CCI subsonic weak but very quiet . The Remington is a little inconsistent

This is very sound advice below. I tested my platforms with lots of different ammo and while one gun may have been slightly more accurate with Eley or something else...THEY ALL WORKED WELL with CCI standard 1070fps ammo....every now and then I will get a *crack* and a hit that is slightly high than POA but for the money it is the best choice for me....

great thread.

Id still test your guns first. Facts might be true but it wasn't for mine. I thought my colt 6920 rifle would eat up anything because alot of people report that colt is the best and they have never had an issue with steel ammo. So I gave that a try since prices are unbeatable and my colt 6920 kept getting FTF and FTE every 10 rounds or so with the Tula, WPA and Silver Bear .223 55gr. I never had a problem with the brass casings. I clean my rifle every shooting session so it stays real clean. Maybe it needs a little dirt in it to work flawless against steel case...

I bought 2 bricks here in the past week, a brick of Gemtech stuff that is supposedly made for suppressors. And a brick of 22 quiet.

the Gemtech was 41 dollars plus tax for a brick, and the Quiet 22 was 37 plus tax ....

The Quiets were quiet, I havent tested the Gemtech yet

I am still playing with my FVSR stock to see what I can make out of it .... so far Ive added to the length of pull, a cheek riser, and right now there is epoxy drying under the barrel channel with some stiffening rods in it

I bought 2 bricks here in the past week, a brick of Gemtech stuff that is supposedly made for suppressors. And a brick of 22 quiet.

the Gemtech was 41 dollars plus tax for a brick, and the Quiet 22 was 37 plus tax ....

The Quiets were quiet, I havent tested the Gemtech yet

I am still playing with my FVSR stock to see what I can make out of it .... so far Ive added to the length of pull, a cheek riser, and right now there is epoxy drying under the barrel channel with some stiffening rods in it

Skip the quiets unless you don't have a can, and you do have a can. I'd rather have 40g at 1050fps than 40g at 700fps. I was limited to about 100yards for any realistic shooting of 700fps 22, although it is fun to play with bullet drop and watch your bullet all the way to the target. Gemtech is considered the standard and is really match quality, but CCI standard velocity is subsonic in most barrels and very accurate.

Back
Top Bottom