• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

5/1 Update* Need neighbor advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep could be fined for each tree cut from your property.
I took him to court had a jury to hear my case against him..His lawyer offered my attorney a settlement, so they did not have to go to trial. My Bride pleaded with me just to take the offer..Pissed me off,,,,,, but I did as she requested..He had to pay restitution, repair the damage and fix the easement back to what it was...I was livid with my bride...My attorney got a request from the judge..She asked that he Present the case to the Jury, then he presented the case and evidence. The Jury said they would have body slammed him for his actions..They also said they would have awarded somewhere between 100k to 200k..I am still pissed about that..

Sounds like the dude is pretty sure he can do whatever he wants and you'll do nothing about it.

Driveway across property line ..........check
Dump demo concrete across property line.......Check

You had better do some checking yourself before he decides he wants to use more of your stuff.

Good luck to you, but you have to be willing to be the asshole on stuff like this if a conversation doesn't cut it.
Yep, you are spot on. The boundary survey will serve as my irrefutable evidence of the encroachment, THEN I can be an asshole (if it comes to that).

I would deal with it now, and not wait until you sell the house. I would also recommend asking an attorney qualified to give advice for this situation.
In a case like this, time is your enemy. Get advice from a lawyer in real estate/property law. DO NOT WAIT, but do be civil in all interactions with the neighbor.

I have a couple RFPs out to surveyors. Hoping to get it surveyed next week.
I have slightly less than an acre - i have quotes for $600 and $800 to stake the proprty for a fence I am planning - this does not include any formal county filing actions.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

In for an update and final disposition, please.
Well, I got tired of waiting on the quotes from the surveyors. So, I pulled a string from corner to corner. Thankfully, my neighbor talked to me sober-minded and admitted that his driveway was way onto my property.

He wants to try and buy the land, so as to not lose his driveway. Need real answers; what is realistic $/Sq Ft? I don't want to sell my land to him, but his encroachment also doesn't really inconvenience me too badly. By my estimation, it is about 2,000 Sq ft that I would want him to buy (would need him to pay for a surveyor to confirm the area).

I have a real estate friend looking at comps for land lots in the area to help get a feel for the market and what it would cost per Sq ft. But I think I need to double the market price for my trouble, maybe. Idk.

I will update again as it develops.

Well, I got tired of waiting on the quotes from the surveyors. So, I pulled a string from corner to corner. Thankfully, my neighbor talked to me sober-minded and admitted that his driveway was way onto my property.

He wants to try and buy the land, so as to not lose his driveway. Need real answers; what is realistic $/Sq Ft? I don't want to sell my land to him, but his encroachment also doesn't really inconvenience me too badly. By my estimation, it is about 2,000 Sq ft that I would want him to buy (would need him to pay for a surveyor to confirm the area).

I have a real estate friend looking at comps for land lots in the area to help get a feel for the market and what it would cost per Sq ft. But I think I need to double the market price for my trouble, maybe. Idk.

I will update again as it develops.

To me you answered your own question when you said " I don't want to sell my land to him". Again, just my opinion but I do not see you feeling you need to kiss his ass and sell him YOUR property when HE is in the wrong. Did he take responsibility and offer to remove his encroachment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom