• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

active shooter...what would you do?

When I was in the Marines we were taught that when caught in an ambush to face the direction of the ambush an attack. Better to die fighting then get shot in the back running. Fewer will die in an ambush if you attack then if everyone runs for cover. An active shooter at the mall and I'm not with family I think I would say F'it and attack. Active shooter with family I would push them into a safe spot and then F'it I would attack. My training/instincts would probably get me wounded or killed but I refuse to be a bystander victim.

"Thanks for only thinking of yourself."
images

There it is ^^^. The #1 reason I wouldn't try to play hero also unless it was unavoidable to fight my way out. Before my kids, I probably wouldn't have thought twice about sticking around and trying to punch the BG's card, but priorities have changed.

There it is ^^^. The #1 reason I wouldn't try to play hero also unless it was unavoidable to fight my way out. Before my kids, I probably wouldn't have thought twice about sticking around and trying to punch the BG's card, but priorities have changed.

That's Emily Parker, she was killed by Adam Lanza in the Newtown school shooting. I'm sure Robie Parker would totally be fine with good-guys with guns fleeing the scene for their own personal safety.

I can not believe I am the first to say this. Bug out and nuke them from orbit. It's the only way to be sure! Lol.

I would like to think I would try to get myself and as many people out, for safety, as possible. I also realize that I am not Rambo with a 50 caliber, so if I went on the offensive I would hope to have a damn good plan and not be rash and rush in. If I could indeed make a difference I would try. I have been in some stressful situations, have been shot at before and I have kept my cool. I just hope I could do that again when needed. I carry to protect myself, my family and anyone around me that needs help. I pray that others would do the same to protect my loved ones if I am not present.

Question, if you were at work, on the lake, or where everAnd your wife and children were at the mall and an active shooter incident occured. Who would you rather be at the mall in your stead? Someone that would only take action if they or their family were directly threatened and screw everyone else? Or some one that if he was able would take the chance and try to save someone.

Back
Top Bottom