• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

active shooter...what would you do?

Just remember in a active shooter situation it is perfectly fine to use the inlaws as a human shield .No deductions to your man card will be made because who really likes an older more nagging version of their wife !!

would do what i had to do to get my family safe. problem is, if you go back in, how do the cops know you are a "good guy". They might think you are the shooter and you get shot.

bahahaha. Mission of Marine Corps Rifle Squad!!!

"Mission of Marine Corps Rifle Squad is to locate, close with, and destroy the enemy by by fire and maneuver, or repel the enemy assault by fire and close combat, SIR!!!!"

lmao

OMG! I've been out of the Corps for 32 years and I still know this by heart, lol.
Boy, I'm glad I'm not the only one ....

If innocent life was being lost at the hands of a crazed gunman, I dont think I could sit idle and wait for police to show up. But, thats just me. I would hope other people would do the same to prevent innocent life from being lost. If the shooting originated where you and your family are, would you tell your wife to get the kids to safety and engage the active shooter? Sounds crazy, but doing so would mean your wife and kids would get out safe because the attention is now on you and not them. I have no military affiliation/LE background etc. and I am not trying to sound like Rambo, but I think any father on here would gladly lay their life down, if it meant their children would be saved. A person with a GWL doesnt have to protect anybody but themselves and their family, but what if your actions end the killing spree and saved lives that would have other wise been lost. What if you did nothing and it turned into a massacre before the police showed up? Would the situation change if it was taking place at your childs school while you were waiting in the carpool lane or would you stay outside and hope your child isnt murdered? Movie theater where the only exit is behing the active shooter? I guess its a all around tough question to answer unless we are in that situation.

my pistol is for my protection or for my familys. the general public, not my problem
I agree. "If" I had ... "If" my wife ... "If" I was ... I think. Don't let that little 9 on your hip lure you into believing you should go commando and engage an active shooter. You have trained all your life to run and hide and fight only if you have too. Go with what you've trained for. All but one response on here so far has ever prepared and trained for a situation like this. Let the Pro's deal with it. Don't become part of the problem. If necessary, God forbid, prepare for "IF" it gets up close and personal.

Back
Top Bottom