• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any Vintage Rifle Matches scheduled for 2017 yet?

LOL biker_bill biker_bill .....I know, I hear ya. I will be skiing a for a few days before that event with family..Plus Rattle Battle...sounds cool.

Don't break anything!

Rattle battle is cool, we did it different when competing in the Corps, but any time you're shooting as fast as you can and you're competing for accuracy at the same time it's a lot of fun....

The Floyd County Wildlife Club in Rome, Georgia will be holding a CMP new shooters clinic and a GSM match on August 27th starting at 8:00am.
The guy that runs this match is top notch. This will be a great informal clinic from shooting positions to match format and procedures.
Competitors do not have to be a member of the NRA, CMP or the sponsoring club. I'll be there to shoot my new Match AR15 and help coach.
All skill levels are invited.
Type of rifle:
-- magazine fed [AR15, M1A, mini-14, Garand, AK-47, etc]
-- Caliber .223 - to - 30-06
-- 2 or 3 ten to thirty round magazines
-- a sling attached at the front. Rear attachment it optional.
1907 leather sling or the GI Web sling work the best:

CMP Rules: The Green Book is for the Garnand Springfiield Matches(GSM) http://thecmp.org/competitions/cmp-competitions-rulebooks/
PM if you have any questions.

I missed this before. Anything similar coming up?

South River Gun Club usually hosts a monthly NRA High Power Match the first Sat of each month.
But, they are having issues with the overhead high voltage power lines and are working with the company to resolve.
To get on the SouthRiver High Power email contact John Bowers: john_bow@bellsouth.net

To keep up with River Bend Matches and match results join the Facebook Group: River Bend Gun Club High Power Rifle

I just got a nice OD Green shooting jacket in the mail. Got it from the CMP forums. Good folk. I am so curious to see how the pads work on stopping slippage and how accuracy is affected.

I bought a used (couldn't tell it) Creedmoor heavy canvas (not the hard back) off ebay for $115. I really like that coat. It does lend some substantial support when shooting offhand.

I googled a pic....
Champ Jacket.jpg

Back
Top Bottom