• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone drive a GM?

onstar is full of crap anyway. What they do not say in their funny TV ad is, it takes 24-48 hours to unlock your car. Around the same to disable it. We do lock outs all the time with people who have onstar but get mad cause they have to wait. If their busy that day, your screwed.

Yes I have three, none with onstar. Would disconect and remove it all anyway. Not only can they turn your car off, but they can listen in on your conversations too. The new ones can be bluetoothed to your phone also.

You see guys. This is why I wrapped my SUV in aluminum foil. To think they had the nerve to call "me" crazy. :spy:

[Broken External Image]:

An EFI vehicle is enough of a concern for me with the remotest possibility of EMP's! No GPS, No OnStar or any other gadgets to make life "easier". I'll do my best to be self sufficient as I can and make do with what I've got. Even with the location device in my cell phone turned off I still wonder...>:(

Had a buddy that did a long shift and was hunched over the wheel while driving home. He told me that all of the sudden he heard voices calling his name and started looking around. Apparently Onstar had detected he was in an unsafe driving position and called to "make sure he was alright.". He told me that it freaked him out pretty badly to hear his name being called when he knew he was alone and then to realize big brother was watching that closely.

For those that have On Star...I would have to say that unless you are a ***PERSON OF INTREST*** big brother would have little to no interst in you. Seems as if some people have grandious ideas that they are more important than they really are, when if fact we all lead pretty normal lives. I seriously doubt that big brother would listen very long to a conversation about us hunting or what momma bear wants you to pick up at the grocery store. The only problem I have with it would be that they would sell tracking information to third partys, or the fact that information could be used in a court of law, (providing you became that person of interest), otherwise I can't see them listening to your conversations like it was a party line back in the 30's,40's,or 50's...

Back
Top Bottom