• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

At what point is a gun, by law, considered to be "pulled"

Some ass hat touches your girl. Take a picture of him and call the police. Never get into a heated argument whe carrying. Sexual assault is not taken lightly.
I would not present my weapon, but right, wrong, or indifferent, I'm not taking a picture of someone laying hands on my wife. I wouldn't tolerate someone being rude to my wife, touching her is absolutely out of the question! Sexual assault is not taken lightly...by me!

Thanks for all the replies so far, lots of useful information. As far as the exact scenario, like I said, it was just something I came up with to try and explain the general question rather than that be the only specific scenario to which I was referring :).

Thanks for all the replies so far, lots of useful information. As far as the exact scenario, like I said, it was just something I came up with to try and explain the general question rather than that be the only specific scenario to which I was referring :).
Understood, but in a situation like this specifics could mean everything.

No he was looking for suspicious activity when he was attacked. He then tried to disengage repeatedly. He only resorted to deadly force when he was in fear that he was going to die.

He did not purposely start fighting.
What a liberal point to make.

LOL, liberal!! He absolutely defended himself when he was geting his head smashed in the ground, but he put himself in that situation when he chased after TM. That was the point I was trying to make. It went from talking to gun shots, very quickly. Neither one of them was expecting the outcome.

If seeing and something suspicious and reporting that to the police is somehow putting yourself in that situation then I guess were all screwed. And there would be no defense to any shooting.

Last edited:
I'd add that regardless of the situation, how it started, why it escalated and the legal end result your first concern is being alive so the "over act" ChopperDuke referenced is the big one. It's about your perception of jeopardy. At what point did you really believe he was going to use his instrument of force (gun, knife, bat, whatever) to cause you (or a 3rd party) serious injury or death. That's the point you utilize your deadly force to stop the threat and hopefully you live and legally you have a justified use of force. It's a roll of the dice even for LE now since everyone is under the microscope.

That case also kills the previously posted "They keep it vague enough to punish the ones they don't like and let walk the ones they do." G. Zimmerman was definitely not a friend of the court. He walked because the evidence he was defending himself from great bodily harm was overwhelming.

Yeah, having read the laws passed regarding guns as best I can I have not noticed the technical term "pulled" in them.

Back
Top Bottom