• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Atlanta traffic

I worked in Sandy Springs and lived in Snellville, my commute was 50 min in the morning and 1 and a half hours in the evening,I did that for 33 years (thought I was going to die) Retired in 2013 and moved here (100 yards from the N.C. line),town is 10 miles away with no traffic going or coming, sure I give up a few things,like a ton of restaurants (we have great little country restaurants),malls,traffic,lots and lots of people,traffic,and crime...but what I gained was 5 BIG lakes to fish,National forest land to wonder,mountains, more trout streams than I could ever fish, friendly people,etc….I think y'all get the picture,I could never live in a city again

I worked in Sandy Springs and lived in Snellville, my commute was 50 min in the morning and 1 and a half hours in the evening,I did that for 33 years (thought I was going to die) Retired in 2013 and moved here (100 yards from the N.C. line),town is 10 miles away with no traffic going or coming, sure I give up a few things,like a ton of restaurants (we have great little country restaurants),malls,traffic,lots and lots of people,traffic,and crime...but what I gained was 5 BIG lakes to fish,National forest land to wonder,mountains, more trout streams than I could ever fish, friendly people,etc….I think y'all get the picture,I could never live in a city again

Moral of the story though is you have to retire before being able to do that.

Moral of the story though is you have to retire before being able to do that.
Not really,I was a Appliance Tech and like most trades I could get a job anywhere,I grew up in Cobb county and my wife grew up in Chamblee, so to stay close to our parents we rode it out (also my wife worked for the railroad downtown for 40 years,so she wouldn't quit her job until she retired)
On a side note I bought a 5 ac. parcel of land in 1986 and still own it,also bought a cabin in the mountains back in 1994 and could have moved up here then,the only reason I bring this up is buy land,it will go up in value over the years and even if you never build on it,you can use it thru the years and it will go up in value,that can be turned into cash later in life.

Back
Top Bottom